Gas furnace

Gregoire

I went through the whole furnace thing a couple of years ago.. Got 6 estimates from 6 different furnace installers and the prices were all within $300... A real competitive industry..

So plan on spending between $5500-$6000 if your going to have a furnace contractor do the job.. I now have a Lennox 70,000 btu 95% efficient unit, which replaced a 120,000 btu 50-60% efficient unit.

My house took 7 hours for the swap, and that included re-working some duct work and disposal of the old unit.

Edited by GYPSY400

I have a small bungalow so I assume 60000 is small.

My hovel is 2,000 sq upper and lower and I'm sure mines no more than a 60,000 btu 95% energy efficient with DC motor. The use of gas dropped by about 30%. We paid a couple pennies more than $3,000, labour, tax and furnace included and then got back a bunch from the government. That was just over 3 years ago.

They don't make anything but high efficient furnaces any more, so you have no choice there. Being in the trade myself, I changed my own furnace last winter. My cost was $1200.00 for the furnace, venting, wiring, gas connection and duct work.