What's The Latest On The Mega Quarry? NF

bushart

I don't care if it is an America company a from China or from Canada..it's a bad idea and should be stopped

Exactly... many are just pissed because it's an American company trying to make money. If it was a Canadian company that had been smart enough to buy up the land.. currently run the largest potato farm in the country, with the anticipation of getting at limestone, they'd be happy.

Thanks for that link jat, it makes the discussion a bit easier to understand. I calls to mind a similar incident years ago in Florida, a sneaky American company bought up a bunch of farmland under different names, and created Disney World.

:clapping: If you have ever been down to that area you can imagine the traffic nightmare that created. I am sure though ( :sarcasm: ) if Disney had put an ad or been upfront about their intentions when acquiring the land the asking price would have remained the same?

No I still don`t have answers, it`s your country you make the call. When I had my home built I could go to the quarry and get limestone for 4.50 a ton, to buy it and have it delivered at the time was 11 bucks a ton.

If the province needs it for roads, if you need it for home construction, it`s still going to cost you.

:clapping: Maybe birth control is the answer?