PUSLINCH LAKE UPDATE

landry

Stopped in at the Bait shop by Little Lake in Puslinch. The owner, Paul, told me that he had talked to the GRCA and access was totally legal thru their property to the lake. There is a little gated trail just off the road to the right near the 410 Parking/Commuting Lot. He also said that he had been talking to Jeff McClintock about setting up a small pay parking area and access spot. We'll see what happens. For the record, Jeff has nothing to do with the Lake Association.

Maybe it will all work out.

Paul is trying to start up a Puslinch Lake and Area Anglers Association to look into access issues, walleye stocking... on Puslinch and other waters in the area. He asked me to put the word out. Stop in and see him if this interests you.

It may not be up to Kawartha or Simcoe standards..., but it is still a nice little spot - a spot worth protecting, in an area where there are not many lakes.

I thought I would share this info with anyone who is interested, (even though having a lake to myself would be nice) cause it is the gracious thing to do.

Landry

In my original thread I posted a map that showed where the grca owned property to the lake. It's a good hike in there.

Ya - I looked at your map - thanks. It is actually about the same distance for me to go through there to get to the area I fish. I admit - it is not a great solution but an option.

whats that bait shop called i didnt know there was one there how was the ice on little lake or puslinch did you check or hear?

4" of clear ice on little.

Puslinch is dicey - I wouldn't do it but a few have.

Bait store is at the Y intersection right by Little Lake

4" of clear ice on little.

Puslinch is dicey - I wouldn't do it but a few have.

Bait store is at the Y intersection right by Little Lake

Not sure that all the info I got is totally accurate - sorry.

I believe the GRCA access info is okay but I did not verify it.

Hopefully everyone who wants to fish the lake finds a way to get on legally.

Take care.

Not sure that all the info I got is totally accurate - sorry.

I believe the GRCA access info is okay but I did not verify it.

Hopefully everyone who wants to fish the lake finds a way to get on legally.

Take care.

I was in contact with Mr McClintock yesterday,, he has not heard from Paul Hilker, the owner of the store, regarding parking and access on Puslinch,, which is about the same response I got when I suggested charging for parking.

As for ice reports,, the little lake has been fishable for over a week, before this mild spell,,, Puslinch on the other hand has had some fishers go out, but last weekend some fellow went thru,, so I am going to guess it is not safe yet..

While were at it,, none of the GRCA lakes are open,, and Valens is still closed,,,

Good Luck Play safe Pat