December Chrome

Aaron Shirley

I got out a few times for steeies in December, and it was pretty good fishing for the most part. I will not be making too many more trib trips until spring. Niagara bound and the hard water for a while for me.. when the ice firms up that is lol.

Enjoy the pics. Sorry for the blackout in some pics, it's a prototype rod that I can't show anyone yet.

Tribbin_12-2011_01.jpg

Tribbin_12-2011_02.jpg

Tribbin_12-2011_03.jpg

Tribbin_12-2011_05.jpg

DecTribs2011_01.jpg

DecTribs2011_02.jpg

DecTribs2011_05.jpg

DecTribs2011_07.jpg

DecTribs2011_12.jpg

DecTribs2011_13.jpg

DecTribs2011_14.jpg

DecTribs2011_19.jpg

Ya Mike, it has been a good year. I wish I could have got out more than I did. My heavy work schedule blows. I didn't know you took that pic. I'd like to see the one with my pack on my head lol.

OnThe Fly, it is a high-end prototype rod that I can't show yet. It may change a bit, as it's in it's early development. I can say this; it's the nicest blank that I've fished since my IMX.

Ya Mike, it has been a good year. I wish I could have got out more than I did. My heavy work schedule blows. I didn't know you took that pic. I'd like to see the one with my pack on my head lol.

OnThe Fly, it is a high-end prototype rod that I can't show yet. It may change a bit, as it's in it's early development. I can say this; it's the nicest blank that I've fished since my IMX.

WELL DO KEEP US INFORMED AARON, would love to give it a drift.

IMX over GLX?

Reasons?? Just curious.

IMX faster than GLX?? Is it preference only?? How would you rate the IMX (no longer in 13 foot) over the RV9??

Never fished the RV9.. GLX feels like it goes completely parabolic when you get into a fish, like you can feel it into the handle.. Really mushy.. It's just an odd rod (I fished a factory with the recoils)

I like soft rods like the IMX which is nice and slow up top then gradually grows some balls in the bottom end.. Very similar to my Loomis IM6..

Never fished the RV9.. GLX feels like it goes completely parabolic when you get into a fish, like you can feel it into the handle.. Really mushy.. It's just an odd rod (I fished a factory with the recoils)

I like soft rods like the IMX which is nice and slow up top then gradually grows some balls in the bottom end.. Very similar to my Loomis IM6..

Good report-thanks!