First visitor of the year.

Roy

Dang, first visitor should have been bald eagle. (although I suspect they kill things too) Maybe next year. The next time I'll check with the farmers and the NRA prior to posting. :)

Funny stuff Roy! awesome picture too! :thumbsup_anim:

Dang, first visitor should have been bald eagle. (although I suspect they kill things too) Maybe next year. The next time I'll check with the farmers and the NRA prior to posting. :)

LOL....good one...

Actually eagles from what I have read are a scavenger and will eat dead things they haven't killed. And since there is no season on them, they are off my target list....but it would still be nice if you did check with a NRA member first....LOL

By the way, Lew, I'd love to have seen them birds here. The best I've seen here, was a Snow Bunting, lost I guess.

There's been several families of Bald Eagles around here for a few years now and it's really nice to see them taking up residence. I got these pics of 2 of them a couple years ago just a few miles from here.

Cnv0123.jpg

Cnv0125.jpg

Always nice to see the Pileated Woodpeckers too, their another beautiful bird and there's 3 that hang around here all the time. I had all 3 of them in the tree outside the front window in the summer but didn't get the camera in time.

There's also alot of robins spending the winter here too, infact just 2 weeks ago I counted 30 on my front lawn around the feeder.

LOL....good one...

Actually eagles from what I have read are a scavenger and will eat dead things they haven't killed. And since there is no season on them, they are off my target list....but it would still be nice if you did check with a NRA member first....LOL

Funny you say that. I was at a small landfill today and there were 4 Bald Eagles amonst the dozens of ravens picking at the garbage.