Good walleye fishing tonight

Rod Caster

A friend and I put in an evening fish on Nosbonsing tonight and caught four nice eater walleyesthumbsup_anim.gif We also missed two huge, unidentified fish. He had his on for about a minute, as it just held bottom, gave some head shakes and then the hook slipped. I don't know how he missed it since he set the hook three times... dull hooks maybe, or maybe he hooked it in soft flesh. My big one was a log as I set the hook, but it slipped pretty much immediately. wallbash.giflaugh.gif Oh well... I'm all smiles at catching my first good feed of walleye for the ice season at a new spot.

Can't wait for Nipissing to have over 12" of ice so I can hit my regular spots. I hope others are enjoying the recent cold spell too.

Sorry no pics, my hands got cold quick after scooping the minnows with my hands. I forgot a bucket and dip net.

Fish on to allcool.gif

nip fisher and i didnt do so well on the other side of the lake, we had a few tiny perch, no eyes!!!!

You guys caught a bunch earlier this week didn't you? I only caught perch at that spot on Monday... I think that was you guys beside us, was it? I was the guy who drilled like 15 holes before a couple friends showed up.

You guys caught a bunch earlier this week didn't you? I only caught perch at that spot on Monday... I think that was you guys beside us, was it? I was the guy who drilled like 15 holes before a couple friends showed up.

nope this was our first time out this year, nip was up north and had a few i think? i was thinking about heading back out tommorrow? were you using chubs or shiners?

nope this was our first time out this year, nip was up north and had a few i think? i was thinking about heading back out tommorrow? were you using chubs or shiners?

I'd like to go tomorrow as well, but I have plans for dinner. We used shiners. Nipfisher knows where we were... just look for our drill holes.