Paypal ????

lew

I always deal in cash and although I've heard of Paypal I don't know how it works.

I have an item listed for sale on kijiji and a possible buyer wants to pay me with Paypal and then arrange for someone to pickup it up.....doesn't sound good to me.

I told him it has to be a cash deal only but I'm just curious how this works and is it actually legit

How does a person get their money ?? :dunno:

Anybody deal this way ??

I use paypal for ebay Lew. It's quick and easy and its done with a credit card. they pay you X$ on the credit card you sign up with from the credit card they have. if the deal goes South for any reason you go back to paypal and get your cash back from them. IE the card used was a fake.

Paypal is NOT something to use on Kijiji - read the site recommendations and it says so. Third party pick up with Paypal is usually a scam - protect yourself and deal in cash only!

Michael

Thanks guys, it'll definetely be a cash deal for me.

I know people use it to purchase items from stores but I'm old fashioned and like the feel of the $$$$ in my mitt before I hand over the merchandise.

Thanks guys, it'll definetely be a cash deal for me.

I know people use it to purchase items from stores but I'm old fashioned and like the feel of the $$$$ in my mitt before I hand over the merchandise.

That is a wise decision Lew. Though I use Paypal to purchase goods over the net, I would never accept it as payment for goods sold. Here is the link right from Kijiji that gives you a few examples of the scams using Paypal out there:

http://help.kijiji.net/ca/knowledgebase.php?article=85

Any look familiar?

Geoff, in your 1st reply, do I understand that both the buyer and seller would have a paypal account and the buyer would transfer the money into the sellers account ??

correct Lew. hence you are protected by papal's insurance if the person is trying to defraud you with a fake card.

How does a person get their money ?? :dunno:

Anybody deal this way ??

Hey Lew, I would never touch a deal through Kijiji where paypal is involved. Wise decision.

As for paypal it basically works like this.

It is like an online bank account. You can load it with either a credit card or through an online transfer from your regular bank account.

Your email address is you paypal account number. Once you have an account you can transfer money to other peoples accounts via their email addresses.

So if I bought your boat for example. It ws 20,000 bucks and your paypal account email was [email protected] I could put 20,000 in my account, click the send money button, put [email protected] in the address space, hit send and you have the money in your account. You can then withdraw those funds and they will end up in your CIBC/TD/RBC or what bank account in a few days.

You do not have to have a paypal account to use paypal. For example, at my online store you can check out with paypal as a guest using your credit card. No account needed. This is how you got that reel from me. SO you've already used paypal before! ha!

If you buy alot online or through ebay, a Paypal account makes things alot faster and easier.

Hope this clears it up a bit for ya Lew, I was a lil rushed, hope it makes sense.

For anyone who may be interested, this was the reply I got from the person who claims to be interested in what I'm selling.

+++++++++++++

Thanks for your reply,i just wanted to make sure all bases are covered !I'm satisfied with the condition but how long have you owned it?? and what's your lowest price for it. I love a bargain, so i would like to get it as soon as i can.I would be able to make payment through paypal, i find it the easiest way to use my credit card safely and is a safe and reliable method of payment... Let me know your price for it .I hope to hear from you soon, and i will make all transportation preparations for the it to be transported to my home

+++++++++++++

For anyone who may be interested, this was the reply I got from the person who claims to be interested in what I'm selling.

+++++++++++++

Thanks for your reply,i just wanted to make sure all bases are covered !I'm satisfied with the condition but how long have you owned it?? and what's your lowest price for it. I love a bargain, so i would like to get it as soon as i can.I would be able to make payment through paypal, i find it the easiest way to use my credit card safely and is a safe and reliable method of payment... Let me know your price for it .I hope to hear from you soon, and i will make all transportation preparations for the it to be transported to my home

+++++++++++++

No way, no how. Scam written all over it.

Edited by Harrison