Name that tuner.........

Meely

Hello Gang,

I was hoping I could get some more information on a recently found item I came across....and purchased.

Its a Rogers Majestic Radio but I am not sure from what year it might be or what model it is.

The back of the cabinet has a small "B510" stamp on it. Working from what pictures are posted on-line, I was able to find a model that came close but have not been able to find this one.

Rogers-B510.jpg

Anyone have any clue as to what model and year this might be?

Anyone have a link I might check out as well?

Thanks for your help.

Meely :canadian:

Edited by Meely

Information from radiomuseum.org

Country: Canada Manufacturer/Brand: DeForest Crosley Ltd., Toronto Year: 1935/1936 Type: Radio - or past WW2 tuner Valves / Tubes 5: 34S 1C6S 34S 1A6S 33S Principle Superhet with RF-stage; IF-Freq 175 kHz; 2 that other site stage(s) Tuned circuits 7 AM circuit(s) Wave bands Broadcast only (MW). Details

Power type and voltage Batteries (storage and/or dry) / 2 & 90 or 135 & 9 or 13.5 Volt Loudspeaker Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) Power out

from Radiomuseum.org Model: B510 Material Wooden case Notes The De Forest Crosley B515, Majestic Huron, Chippewa, Rogers Eton and Harrow are electronically identical to this model. Circuit diagram reference Radio College of Canada Mentioned in RCC Rogers-Majestic section page 9

Summary: DeForest Crosley Limited, Toronto, Canada: Marketing name for De Forest Radio Corporation Limited, Toronto. Obviously a Joint Venture between Rogers-Majestic Corporation, Limited, Toronto (for the chasss) and Strathroy Furniture Corp. Limited - for the cabinets.

Edited by Old Man