Tent Garage

NAW

Hey look,I see a nosey neighbour.LOL

Have you made yer way back yet to you know where?

Was back in there today. Couple of teen age girls went running through, trying to hide from their parents... GGeessh :wallbash:

they work great, but make sure you anchor them down VERY good. they'll catch wind like a sail and will quickly damage whatever you're storing in it.

i thought 8" spikes hammered into a compacted gravel driveway with a 60lb block on each corner would be enough to hold it down and prevent any movement. but, seeing as i walked out one morning to find the shelter had moved 6ft causing a nice gouge in the side of my truck, i guess i was wrong. :wallbash:

they work great, but make sure you anchor them down VERY good. they'll catch wind like a sail and will quickly damage whatever you're storing in it.

i thought 8" spikes hammered into a compacted gravel driveway with a 60lb block on each corner would be enough to hold it down and prevent any movement. but, seeing as i walked out one morning to find the shelter had moved 6ft causing a nice gouge in the side of my truck, i guess i was wrong. :wallbash:

I dig two parallel trenches and use 2 pressure treated 6"X6"'s connected end to end with a lap joint.

I then use 4 24" pieces of rebar through the wood into undisturbed ground. I then backfill and compact around the beams leaving them flush with the surrounding ground. Finally I use 3" lag bolts with large washers through the feet of the shelter into the beams. This by far is the best way to secure these shelters. IMHO

Has anyone tried the anchors that they suggest.?

Not the ones that come with it.. They actually said in the instructions that they anchors supplied are for temporary use only. They suggest you buy their anchor kit. :wallbash:

Edited by N.A.W

I dig two parallel trenches and use 2 pressure treated 6"X6"'s connected end to end with a lap joint.

I then use 4 24" pieces of rebar through the wood into undisturbed ground. I then backfill and compact around the beams leaving them flush with the surrounding ground. Finally I use 3" lag bolts with large washers through the feet of the shelter into the beams. This by far is the best way to secure these shelters. IMHO

WOW....I guess you got that son of a gun anchored pretty good....but you're almost half way to building a shelter.