Looking for a blank...

kemper

Hope this isn't in the wrong forum.

I'm looking for a 3pc Rainshadow XST blank. I have sourced one, but the price is a little more than I would like to pay. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great (or if anyone has one they are looking to get rid of that would be even better!)

Cheers,

IMG-20111015-00160.jpg

Dont you be giving mine away Spiel.

Brian, you’ll be glad to know that I already Christened it with a trophy creek chub on your home waters and encrusted it with roe juice to enhance its mojo...All Spiel's rods must first be Mikey Approved before they are shipped off to demanding anglers looking for the finest tackle :thumbsup_anim:

I'm also looking into both the 2pc and 3pc Rainshadows for myself

The 2 piece is a fantastic stick Mike...I've fished it against just about everything and I haven't found something I would trade it for yet. Looking for a 3 piece for bigger water, it has a bit more backbone - or maybe that is just my excuse because I want to tie another rod over the winter

The 2 piece is a fantastic stick Mike...I've fished it against just about everything and I haven't found something I would trade it for yet. Looking for a 3 piece for bigger water, it has a bit more backbone - or maybe that is just my excuse because I want to tie another rod over the winter

Just looking for something in the 13’ range that I can build around my 4.5” offset reel. Would like something that handles 4lb leaders OK but with backbone in reserve to pull big fish away from logjams. I originally built my current ‘Frankenstein’ rod for the 4” reel and it’s a bit tip heavy with the bigger reel...After fishing around 15.5hrs straight yesterday (took a couple bathroom breaks), it definitely made me want a better balanced setup

Just looking for something in the 13’ range that I can build around my 4.5” offset reel. Would like something that handles 4lb leaders OK but with backbone in reserve to pull big fish away from logjams. I originally built my current ‘Frankenstein’ rod for the 4” reel and it’s a bit tip heavy with the bigger reel...After fishing around 15.5hrs straight yesterday (took a couple bathroom breaks), it definitely made me want a better balanced setup

I've owned and fished both the 2 and 3 piece. The 2 piece is a great all around rod.

The 3 is nice too, perfect for large, heavy water.

Best value in a 13' 2pc is probably the MHX blank that Mudhole sells. They're surprisingly nice for the money.

I'm sure it would fish a 4 pound lead if you were careful, to be honest I never go less than the 7.8 redwing. Under full lockdown you can turn anything. The bonus is that its real light.