AMAZON.CA

mikeseb

Hey guys,

I recently bought a few cds off of amazon and saw they have a pretty huge selection of fishing equipment ranging from lures and baits to rods and reels. I was thinking of placing an order but thought Id see if any1 here has had any bad experiences with buying fishing stuff from them.

Just thought Id get some advice before I buy anything as Im new to the whole online shopping thing.

Thanks guys

Mike

I've bought books and what not from them, I've had no issues and continue to look for deals. When I looked at the fishing stuff I though their prices were too high. I haven't looked at the tackle for a while, but if you do a search you should be able to see if you are getting a deal or not.

Mike,

I can't comment on their fishing tackle, but I did buy a couple of books and a piping calculator off Amazon a month or so ago. Everything went very well and I was very pleased with the transaction. A few weeks later, I received an email from them saying that the import fees had decreased on the items I bought. They said they had credited my credit card $12.31. True enough, they did! Outstanding customer service in my opinion. I was happy prior and very happy afterwards!

Sounds like a go then! lol I cant wait to get some different size floats and some hard to find berkley baits. My local outdoor store, bronte outdoors, packed up shop and moved to missisauga so im stuck browsing crappy tires and wal-marts joke of a fishing section :(

Sounds like a go then! lol I cant wait to get some different size floats and some hard to find berkley baits. My local outdoor store, bronte outdoors, packed up shop and moved to missisauga so im stuck browsing crappy tires and wal-marts joke of a fishing section :(

Not sure about fishing tackle, but a friend of mine was laid-up after a hernia operation and did all his christmas shopping there (online). Everything arrived as it should have, gift wrapped and all.

Amazon are OK and I think most stuff they sell ships from Mississauga, keep an eye on the sellers though, if you use different ones, you'll pay postage for each one.

Bronte Outdoor leaving was a bummer, Frank said it was the winter that killed him, business just died - his new store is half the size with the same stock so I guess it makes more sense business wise - I think it's still the closest place, just with Angling Specialties being a close second.

Alot of the fishing equipment is shipped from the US, be sure of the shipping costs and the potential brokerage and duty charges.

I have used Amazon.ca for items shipped from Canadian retailers and got great deals.

Edited by Harrison