Selling Boat - have a few questions regarding paper work...

Uncle Buck

I've managed to "sell" my boat...

problem is i can't find any documentation for it...

I can't find the original Pleasure craft licence. I only have a photocopy of it...

where can i get a new one?

Also can't find the ownership for the trailer...

I have the reciept from the MTO when i registered it and paid tax on it though...

I believe i can get a replacement at service canada?

any help would be appreciated

I will be putting the boat, motor and trailer all as seperate line costs for the buyer...

The first boat i bought this year was that way , no papers . He made me out a bill of sale with his name on it with the registered numbers from off the boat , the boat serial number , with that information on the bill of sale i sent it in amd low and behold a new title came back in the mail with my name on it as the new owner , as for the boat trailer , take your last known plate number the trailer had on it with you as long as it was regestered to you , they will make you out a new ownership for $10.00 .The plate number is all you need , Its all pretty easy .

I've managed to "sell" my boat...

problem is i can't find any documentation for it...

I can't find the original Pleasure craft licence. I only have a photocopy of it...

where can i get a new one?

Also can't find the ownership for the trailer...

I have the reciept from the MTO when i registered it and paid tax on it though...

I believe i can get a replacement at service canada?

any help would be appreciated

I will be putting the boat, motor and trailer all as seperate line costs for the buyer...

Here is the link to the form to fill out for the replacement boat licence, http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Corp-Serv-Gen/5/Forms-Formulaires/searchrs.aspx?formnumber=84-0172E and here is where you send it,

Pleasure Craft Licensing Centre

P.O. Box 2006

Fredericton, New Brunswick

E3B 5G4

Click on the PDF on the right side of the page for the application.

Edited by Fisherman

What's the buyer going to do when he goes to licence the boat in his name? He fills out the paper and hopes that Service Canada believes him and that "Uncle Buck" sold him the boat without the required copy of the boat licence. The boat numbers stay with the boat and the boats HIN(Hull Identification Number) . Down the road if he tries to register it, those HIN numbers are already in the system under your name.

What's the buyer going to do when he goes to licence the boat in his name? He fills out the paper and hopes that Service Canada believes him and that "Uncle Buck" sold him the boat without the required copy of the boat licence. The boat numbers stay with the boat and the boats HIN(Hull Identification Number) . Down the road if he tries to register it, those HIN numbers are already in the system under your name.

They don't care at Service Canada. I bought a boat once, and the original owner was given the wrong hull number on his invoice, and on the registration. I got a letter from him etc and the guy I dealt with at service Canada said he didn't need to see it, he just processed everything and handed me the new license.

They don't care at Service Canada. I bought a boat once, and the original owner was given the wrong hull number on his invoice, and on the registration. I got a letter from him etc and the guy I dealt with at service Canada said he didn't need to see it, he just processed everything and handed me the new license.

See that's the problem with peoples attitudes nowadays, they don't give a crap how things are done. The numbering system in in place if something gets lost, stolen or someone finds a floating boat with no one in it, maybe someone drowned. If the paper trail doesn't jive, who gets notified, the previous owner? Sorry I didn't loose the boat or whatever the story is. It's pretty simple to follow directions for some, others can't quite grasp the concept.

Fishnsled is also correct.

i found a copy of the pleasure craft licence... i gave it to the guy when he bought the boat...

The lady at service ontario had no clue about boats and believes that they don't deal with boats...

she gave me a number to call for more info regarding boats...

you don't need the original licence... all you need to know is the number...

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/debs-obs-paperwork-paperwork_boat_licence-3211.htm#a4

This is the form, and it is to be sent in to New Brunswick

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Corp-Serv-Gen/5/Forms-Formulaires/searchrs.aspx?formnumber=84-0172E