End of 2011 Deer Season - Success Report NF

Leecher

Last Sunday, we got our deer late in the afternoon and came back out of the bush in the dark :w00t: Remember him :)

Re-exposureofRotationofBuck-Spike-2011-11-06.jpg

Well this weekend, it was the opposite B) We came back out of the bush bright and early :lol: Got another spike Saturday morning :D Guestimated @ 125Lbs field dressed :) Our friend shot it at 7:20am to finish the season B) made sure, this time to snap a few pics for your viewing pleasure ;)

Last night, the tenderloins made an appearance in the pan and again, had a hunter's dream meal along side of heart, kidneys and liver cut into steaks :thumbsup_anim:

Without getting into the details.... I'll let the pictures do the talking B)

Enjoy!!!

Our freezer guest... a twin :clapping::thumbsup_anim:B) slightly heavier!

IMGP2217.jpg

Our friend and his wife

RotationofIMGP2219.jpg

His wife.... an avid hunter by the way ;)

RotationofIMGP2218.jpg

My brother

RotationofIMGP2221.jpg

Me

IMGP2220.jpg

My brother and I

IMGP2222.jpg

All in all, was a great successful season for us :worthy:

Looking forward to hard water season now B)

Tight lines

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

There's meat for Christmas again! BTW, did it take you two days to take those pictures, Jacques? :D

Thanks Roy!!! Yep :whistling: I was only able to go weekends this year and opener was not an option :wallbash: This was 4 solid days of hunting for me and our group and I'm really pleased with the results :D

Congrats on a successful season buddy!

It will be great over the winter!

Darren

Thanks Darren!!! You bet :)

:thumbsup_anim: I knew you were very dangerous for the walleye in the area but evidently the dear has to hide from you too ha ha ha...thanks for the photos....one of those days I am going to become a hunter myself

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Thanks Emil!!! LOL They can hide but not for long LOL Best therapy in the world... sitting by yourself in the bush and wait for them to stroll by B)

Is the season over there?It starts here on October 1st and continues in one form or another until March 31st.We need more deer dead here.

Here is a link to the regs,I live in Loudoun county.http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/deer.asp

Is the season over there?It starts here on October 1st and continues in one form or another until March 31st.We need more deer dead here.

Here is a link to the regs,I live in Loudoun county.http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/deer.asp

Yes it is, riffle and bow... Looks like the deer population is out of control in your area :w00t: If you hunt... good luck harvesting :thumbsup_anim:

Yes it is, riffle and bow... Looks like the deer population is out of control in your area w00t.gif If you hunt... good luck harvesting thumbsup_anim.gif

I do hunt here and the deer population is out of control here.I'm surprised that y'all have such and early and short season but I guess that is how they manage the herd.Congradulations of your score,gonna get some fine venison from that.

Joe

I do hunt here and the deer population is out of control here.I'm surprised that y'all have such and early and short season but I guess that is how they manage the herd.Congradulations of your score,gonna get some fine venison from that.

Joe

Thanks Joe!!! The riffle season is short over here (first 2 weeks of November) If I was going bow hunt, I would have from mid September to mid October. We also have doe draw but I haven't had the luxury of wining in a few years :( but I keep applying :)

Thanks again Joe and wish you the best of luck in your hunt :thumbsup_anim:

Jacques

Awesome Jacques !!! looks like a great time

Peps

Thanks Peps!!! It sure was B)

Nice going Jacques! Always good when you can share your passion with friends and family. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Tony!!!

Good Job! He looks tasty! Can't wait for mine to get back from the butcher.

Thanks Luc!!! Both are at the butcher and I too can't wait for the meat to be ready for pickup :)