Ok need help from the tech savy guys

Big Cliff

So Sue got her new KOBO VOX yesterday, she was thrilled! Until she went to download a book form the library. Seems Adobe Digital Editions doesn't reckognize the new Kobo VOX and the two aren't compatibable. So I have just spent 12 hours trying to figure out how she can download books from the library and read them on her new VOX. If you can help I would really appreciate it but I need step by step instructions. Technology is advancing far too fast for this old brain LOL.

Just did a little looking into this and appears Adobe does not support the Kobo VOX. That sucks! Here is a link to supported devices.

You will see here that VOX is not on the list:

Adobe supported devices

HOWEVER, just found a forum that might have a solution for you!

Forum

Edited by Hooked

Vox File Formats

Kobo Vox supports the following file formats:

Book Formats

* EPUB, Fixed Layout EPUB, SMIL (multimedia EPUB) (.epub)

* Text files (.txt)

Audio Formats

* MP3 (.mp3)

* MPEG-4 (.mp4, .m4a)

* WAVE (.wav)

* Ogg Vorbis (.oog)

* ADTS raw AAC (.aac, decode only)

* FLAC (.flac)

* 3GPP (.3gp)

* MIDI (.midi)

Picture Formats

* JPEG (.jpg)

* GIF (.gif)

* PNG (.png)

* Bitmap (.bmp)

Video Formats

* AVI (.avi)

* H.263 (.3gp, .mp4)

* MPEG-4 SP (.3gp)

* VP8 (.webm)

So Sue got her new KOBO VOX yesterday, she was thrilled! Until she went to download a book form the library. Seems Adobe Digital Editions doesn't reckognize the new Kobo VOX and the two aren't compatibable. So I have just spent 12 hours trying to figure out how she can download books from the library and read them on her new VOX. If you can help I would really appreciate it but I need step by step instructions. Technology is advancing far too fast for this old brain LOL.

Hi Big Cliff,

I don't own an e reader or claim to be a tech savy person. I did some research and found that a lot of owners with Kobo Vox readers have downloaded an app called Overtime to your e reader. It will help you download books from the library. I will post some links soon. I just have to refined them again.

Tom

Hi Big Cliff,

I don't own an e reader or claim to be a tech savy person. I did some research and found that a lot of owners with Kobo Vox readers have downloaded an app called Overtime to your e reader. It will help you download books from the library. I will post some links soon. I just have to refined them again.

Tom

Sorry I had the wrong spelling for the app, it is called Overdrive. Here is a link to the FAQ's of Overdrive. Overdrive FAQ

Here is a link to a question being asked if Overdrive will work with Kobo Vox. Read the first answer. It tells you how to install. Overdrive Install

Here is link to the download of Overdrive. Download on right side of page and I believe Kobo uses the mobile Android version of Overdrive:

Overdrive Download

Tom.

Edit: One of the links didn't work and I corrected it.

Edited by Overcast

Thanks for trying to help guys, I guess I'm just too old or too stupid. I downloaded overdrive to her kobo but then all I get is the welcome screen telling me how wonderful overdrive is and how easy it is to use. I can't get anything past that.

I give up!

Thanks for trying to help guys, I guess I'm just too old or too stupid. I downloaded overdrive to her kobo but then all I get is the welcome screen telling me how wonderful overdrive is and how easy it is to use. I can't get anything past that.

I give up!

Don't feel bad Cliff.

I had one of the instructors here at the college get a Kindle and she asked me to figure out how to work it. The instructions were on the unit but I found it impossible to figure out how to change the dang page!!!!

I told her "you're on your own" :D

And I am a tech guy!!!!! :lol:

I just use Wattpad on my Blackberry as an ereader. ;)

Edited by DRIFTER_016