19 hours - 24 fish up to 28,12

BCLT

A wise man once said… you gotta think outside of the box so with fall setting in, knowing that the cold winter months are ahead of me I have been thinking of a last ditch effort of a thought out session.... Fishing for me hasnt been successful over the last several weeks so I really wanted this one! In prior weeks winds were so high that I stayed in rolling out 12 kgs of paste and preparing another 20kg of paste.

After scouting several swims, checking depths and following weather closely I picked two swims I felt could produce some good fish... I put in a few hours in one landing a few fish but didnt feel 100% confident...not to mention the 15 minute walk and wading through water with 50 pounds of gear and bait wasnt working for me lol...so what do I commit to? I commit to a 25 minute walk and wadding through water with gear and bait lol - In my area I have often thought that fish hold in deeper waters once the temp drops significantly but I wanted to think outside of the box in hopes of putting my self in a position to land some fish. The swim I ended up commiting to was a very rocky

bottom with large bolders sitting at around 8 feet deep which at first discouraged me but after marking depths in 30km winds right in my face I fanned the float out 180 degrees and found a shelf at 6 feet with a gravel bottom.... I knew this was the spot! After commiting to this spot, I watched weather closely for a week watching wind patterns and temperatures at night, and my window came....

I wrapped up some work in the office knowing I wouldnt be able to do it in days coming and began preparing....... I put out 20-30 kgs of maize in the swim and said my prayers lol… The next morning I made it to the swim for 6 in the morning…. Walking with all my gear, and bait – then wading out to the swim….. I was anticipating big things! I fished 10 hours wrapping the session up with prebaiting for the following day…….. 10 fish made it to the mat with some 20+s including a 27,11 – I was stoked! The next morning was beautiful and conditions were spot on…. Little did I know that this day would produce 14 fish, 3 high 20's, PB mirror at 19,4, a few 20+s and high teens…In the end I couldn't have been happier with the results! Thinking outside of the box and hard work paid off…. Here are some pics and a video…..

TOKS-28-12resized.jpg

TOKS-28-1resized.jpg

TOKS-27-11resized.jpg

TOKS-27-3resized.jpg

PB-mirror-19-4resized.jpg