ORR LAKE

Skipper D

like many of the small lakes it was ruined by fishng pressure, like a similar lake in the grey bruce area it too had large and plentiful bass now, well others can chime in

Its a small spring fed lake with no inflow only an outflow, it had a fantastic population of small mouth and the odd tank largie but fisshing pressure ruined it. Its now a great jet ski lake and with only 1 sand spit ramp sadly its done.

You can wet a line enjoy, there are some hammer handle pike in there also but they are also few and far between, personally your better of having a beer and enjoying the sights

I stood on a dock there yesterday watching a school of good size minnows moving a round and wondered which kind they were . I thought this was a good sign for that lake , i wonder if it ever receive any restocking . I have seen jet skis going wild on it , now at this time of year its pretty quit out there .

Its now a great jet ski lake and with only 1 sand spit ramp sadly its done.

Last time I was there I saw a guy on a jet ski with a beard bigger then big chev's. Towing a kid on a GT Snowracer, no spotter.

It was quite the sight to see..

Last time I was there I saw a guy on a jet ski with a beard bigger then big chev's. Towing a kid on a GT Snowracer, no spotter.

It was quite the sight to see..

i'll bet it was , I heard some of the locals are not to impressed with some of the trafic on the lake .