BC Fishing Vacation

Jet

Thats was an awesome report with fish and scenery that are just outstanding. You said that was dry fly action, yes? If so can you give me an indication of how you what you were fishing. Was it a specific hatch or were you using attractor patterns like humpy's and stimulators. I'm going to have to come out there and fish some of those rivers it looks like the adventure of a lifetime. I'm incredibly envious.

Incredible. Thanks for posting. What a beautiful part of the Earth.

You can take a million mountain and river pictures and no matter how beautiful they come out it can never do them justice. You have to be there, surrounded by them to get a true reading on how remarkable they are. You did your part though, as those are really sharp looking photographs. That is to say nothing of the fish. A very enviable two weeks.

Absolutely some stunning rivers and scenery! I think me and Kelvin are gona have to pay you a visit some time :thumbsup_anim:

Hopefully I get to join you out there on your next vacation!

Great pics!

simply amazing report Jet!

like Ant said, hopefully join you on my next vacation!!

say hi to everyone for me :)

You all know whenever you can make it there are spots on the river waiting for you. I think you'll all love applying your trusty centerpin on our eager and often very big bull trout.

Those pools have to be the nicest looking pools in the world. Great pics and great report. I will hire you as a guide if Im ever out that way. Thanks for sharing your adventure. I cant wait for the next report.

I can definitely guide you to the rivers! We'll both probably have to work to get the fish though.

Incredible report Jet!!! If you were posting reports like this a year ago, I would have gotten in touch with you this past summer when I was in the area lol. Every glacial stream and lake I drove by I wondered if there were trout in them....your post gave me the answer. Bar none some of the best settings to fish in.....absolutely amazing! Looked like a great trip....thanks for taking the time to post the report!

Yes what a missed opportunity :( When I saw your Lake Louise pic I was thinking the very same thing. At least next time you have another destination for your trip out west. Sushi's on me!

thumbsup_anim.gif..Top Notch 4 sure!!!!!!!!!..what an adventure it was,.....thx again JET...it was MOST EXCELLENT Gonefishing.gif and a time I will never forget ,,,,great friends,,,great fishin and a great place = AAA time!!!........Tight LInes All!!!

Yes Chris it hasn't been the same since.

Dude! Totally awesome :worthy:

I want some cuttie and bully trout action now :(

You have a chance to visit Milner's place yet?

When are you and Tony coming??? No trip to Milner quite yet. Will be my next centerpin when I rig up and give them Idaho Steelhead a try. Can you say 15 lb main line and 10 lb leads!!!

Thats was an awesome report with fish and scenery that are just outstanding. You said that was dry fly action, yes? If so can you give me an indication of how you what you were fishing. Was it a specific hatch or were you using attractor patterns like humpy's and stimulators. I'm going to have to come out there and fish some of those rivers it looks like the adventure of a lifetime. I'm incredibly envious.

Yes it was all dry fly action for Cutties and Rainbows. You always try to match the hatch, but what is nice with Cutties is they are often always game. So we switched up between many different flies and bugs such as Fat Albert, Stick Midges, Blue Wing Olvies, Mayflies to name a few. But it is definitely awesome to when there's a big hatch and you have the right fly. When that happens you just can't keep the fish off your line, often the same fish over and over!

Truly awe inspiring, I couldn't imagina a more perfect 2 weeks.

I'm finding it hard to get beyond the schnitzel party with the beer in a spring fed hollowed out log though. :D

Super cool.

Thanks Mike. For a guy that has fished so much that means a lot to hear that from you.

Yes that beverage cooler is really something else. The guy who made it is a great friend of mine, a super smart German who helped me fix up this whole building and build and design the restaurant. He imported a whole building from Germany and reassembled here in Kimberly. It is known as the "oldest building in Canada." Built in 1640, disassembled and moved to Kimberley in 1987 to become a restaurant.

Thank you everyone for sitting through my longest report ever. It was by far the best fishing I've done in my whole life and thank you all for coming along and reliving it with me.

Edited by Jet