walleye report

peter23

what a day! thats all i can say. me and my dad and one of my close buddies planned a fishing trip to go catch some fall eyes. we origionally decided to go to sturgeon lake but last minute we had this feeling thaty it was right to go to rice lake. and so we did. we arrived in bewdley really early and saw dozens of boats ready to launch and some people renting boats. we decided we were going to rent a boat and try and help my buddy catch his first ever walleye. we got out there and there wasnt a ripple on the water, ive never seen rice lake that calm before. immediatley we picked a random spot and within 5 minutes he had his first walleye. from that fish on, we were catching them noin stop. we ended the day catching over 13 walleye and lost about 7 or 8. the average size was about 20 inches. my buddie ended up catching 3 i caught 7 and my dad caught 3. fromn not catching any walleye in his whoile life he ended up with 3 in a matter of 15 minutes. im so glad my dad took him with us. every single fish was caught on a jighead and minnow fishing tight to bottom. here was one of the bigger guys of the day. :)my friend is in the green.

IMG00587-20111023-0856.jpg

IMG00585-20111023-0838.jpg

DANIELGRAVINA.jpg