Barrie Perch

Fisherman

Up at 5:30, bacon, eggs, toast and coffee, hook up, pick up half a scoop of minners, off to the Tiffin launch, boat in, then this voice behind me says "nice hat", ha, it's Skipper "D". That old OFC hat is just like a beacon in the fog. He's eastbound to the islands, I went about 300 yds in front of the beach, caught a bunch of perch with about a 1/10 keeper ratio. Even the weather was okay, light wind, no rain and the anchor held fast.

Glad you were lucky Fisherman and it was nice meeting you , we just came in our selves about ten minutes ago . All we caught were some memories , no bite's where we were . I could 'nt even pick any pockets out there , seems every one was wearing Roys new pocket zippers....lol . Since the finder broke i'v had no luck at all , picking up one Monday night then the luck should change . Iwonder how others did out there today

There were about a dozen boats around me, most were doing reasonably well from what I could see. Couple of youngsters on one boat were having a great time going by the hooting and hollering.

Now don't tell me we were fishing next to you and we've missed each other.... :wallbash: we were in my Lund close to the launch with both my sons (3 and 6) and a friend fished from about Noon to maybe 4pm...there were 2 of you in your boat....both very friendly guys...and yes the kids were quite excited and noisy :rolleyes: Did pretty good ....but location location and location again...10 meters made all the difference...

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

I was on the fence about going out tomorrow morning. But now that I read this... Hmm. Anyone want to go perchin tomorrow morning?

Room for 2 more in the boat..

Edited by N.A.W

Now don't tell me we were fishing next to you and we've missed each other.... :wallbash: we were in my Lund close to the launch with both my sons (3 and 6) and a friend fished from about Noon to maybe 4pm...there were 2 of you in your boat....both very friendly guys...and yes the kids were quite excited and noisy :rolleyes: Did pretty good ....but location location and location again...10 meters made all the difference...

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Haha, no, not you, I was gone by about 11. One of these fine days I'm going to hoist the OFC flag I bought a number of years ago, as long as no one promises to throw eggs. :w00t:

We were in cooks bay today,regular spots,but not much showing up on the finder.Pretty cool and windy.At the end of a slow day we know the areas to get some perch action,lots of action but smaller than usual.

It was real nice when we headed for Cooks Bay DB , once we were there it did'nt take long for the wind to get up . We spent about an hour or so trying to get on top of them but had no luck in between the islands . With the cold and the wind and rough water we lost the mood and started the long rough ride back to the Tiffin launch . We came in and crossed the bay over to the north side and hit spots all the way back with no luck so we called it a day . No bites , no fishs but 22 worms left over for a next time .

Haha, no, not you, I was gone by about 11. One of these fine days I'm going to hoist the OFC flag I bought a number of years ago, as long as no one promises to throw eggs. :w00t:

I throw eggs and then say 'sorry, I didn't know it was you' after... :whistling: