Perch'n again

Billy Bob

The Lake Erie Jumbo's are still biting.....42 more today and 9 walleyes but only 1 was a keeper (3 pounder).....but the bite seems to slow down to almost a stand still by 10am......we fished to 11am only only caught 3 in the last hour.....The lake laid down like a big pond by then...

Fished off the Catt on Sunday, 63 foot of water. Took home 25 but released quite a few. We were releasing 11 inch fish looking for anything close to 12. Off the water by noon as it started to slow down around 11 am. Emeralds were the bait of choice.

Fished off the Catt on Sunday, 63 foot of water. Took home 25 but released quite a few. We were releasing 11 inch fish looking for anything close to 12. Off the water by noon as it started to slow down around 11 am. Emeralds were the bait of choice.

The Catt has been hot.....been getting my fish in 48-50'...however after the bite slowed up we did hit that spot in 63' and did catch a few but some were below the 11 inch mark where the fish in shallower were much bigger.

It's a BIG Redneck freezer..... similar to this one...

http://www.ebaumswor...es/view/974270/

How many pounds put away Bob? I have thirty six filets so far , my wife says we probably ate that much this summer also . I was hoping when i started fishing this year i could put away a hundred filets , i still might if i can stay at it .

Edited by Skipper " D "

Good question Skip.....a question I really can't answer as I vacuum pack and freeze by fillet numbers...and that depends on fillet size....those puppies are so big that 6 fillets is a more then a meal for 2...in just the last 3 trips out I have froze over 100 fillets of perch and the odd bonus walleye here and there....

Speaking of walleyes, last year I caught a 8 pounder while fall perch fishing.....now this year we have caught several small walleyes just under the limit (14-14.5") with the odd keeper in the bunch....prior to this we NEVER caught walleyes while perch fishing...can't really explain it.. :dunno: ...but the walleye hatch must of been good a couple of years ago and next year looks like a banner year on Lake Erie... :clapping:

Edited by Billy Bob

How many pounds put away Bob? I have thirty six so far , my wife says we probably ate that much this summer also . I was hoping when i started fishing this year i could put away a hundred , i still might if i can stay at it .

You might want to check the regulations then edit your posts accordingly. This site is monitored, just sayin'.

To look in our freezer you'd think we had more , Beverly makes them up in packages big enough for a meal for two also . I'd like to start catching some thing other then perch , i hate trial and air , would much rather learn it first hand from some one all tho i 'am notr bad at fly fishing , find it to be very relaxing , some bigger lake fish would be nice one day .

You might want to check the regulations then edit your posts accordingly. This site is monitored, just sayin'.

I believe we have a 50 fish possession limit, so that would be 100 fillets, so I would think he would be OK :dunno:

Burt :)