First one...This year (steelhead)

spinnerdoc

Got some encouragement to try this system out and so i did. I tried different flies, roe...pink worm took her :)

steelhead003email.jpg

It was my first time in this area and didn't quite know what to expect. I was happy 1 for 1 not much but i didn't go home empty handed, plus i got to break in the rod Properly. Now i know how this rod feels fighting fish.

Edited by spinnerdoc

nice clapping.gif were you using a pink berkely worm? how do you rig em up? I have 3 of them and they seem to be catching the big guys thumbsup_anim.gif

I rig pink worms many ways. I like to rig them wacky style most of the time. I also like rigging them on Mustad slow death hooks. I've also been known to rig them on a jig hook with a cone head weight pinned to the front of the hook and I also hook them through the nose. I only use the wacky or nose hooking with the smaller 3 inch worms.

Thanks. She went back in...What i meant was going home not catching nothing sorry for the confusion :)

No need to apologise either way...nothing wrong with keeping one fish. Unless you are fishing in a catch and release only zone.

Nice bow :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by FRANKIE65

No need to apologise either way...nothing wrong with keeping one fish. Unless you are fishing in a catch and release only zone.

Nice bow :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks bud, the section where i was was not catch and release. i was tempted but opted not to....a little oeffering to the river in the hopes it'll be nice to me again. :D