CANT WAIT NEW AXE(NF)

BITEME

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: Well even though Im still a newb at it I have decided to change my axe again out with the old

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cp...391&index=0

I really liked the look and the feel but it doesnt seem to be what i want if your intrested before I trade it let me know I already have a price for it. its a limited edition there are no more made and pictures dont do it justice

Im trading it today

And in with the new

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=810

I cant wait just checked the shipper its on its way as I type to the music store :clapping::clapping::clapping:

"I am Iron Man"

Both are beautiful guitars! I've had my Ibanez Roadstar 2 electric since 1985 and it still plays like that day I bought it....some fret wear, but nothing serious. The intonation is still bang on, so no complaints there either.

I'm sure you'll love the new guitar!

Edited by ccmtcanada

Just a newbie and your sportin gear like that!? Nice

Im self taught, been playin for bout 15 years and this is what i infuriate my neighbors with LOL!!!

I usually turn it down when im practicing, till i get a lick downpat or a nice crunchy rhythm figured out and then the knobs get maxed out and the head starts bangin LOL :wallbash:

gfx212t.jpg

238813.jpg

59d2_1_b.JPG

Edited by Blaque

hey Blaque

As for the gear

I can hear what i want just cant play it yet so i have been getting stuff right now to start

Marshall MG100HDFX/angled 4 by 12, Line 6 Pod XT Live And the Epiphone G400 Iommi

and if it turns out i really get frustrated with it I will turn around and sell it for close to what I got it for :lol:

Its an RG series. I have a floating head ibanez also but have some problems sometimes keeping it tuned

the digitech,.......Ive been thru alot of modelers and effects pedals.......and i like the delays and clean tones on this one, but the distortions arent all that Im lookin for. Theres a couple nice deep crunchy metal distortion effects, but there not outstanding. But then again, its alot of tinkering to get the sound your lookin for sometimes.......and i may not be getting out of it all that it is capable of? Alot of options, so if your into learning what it can do, ya may get more satisfaction out of it. Also, its not a stomp box, so ya cant really change sounds on the fly. I dunno, i certianly dont use it for what its meant for.

Im too lazy and like to just flip the amp on and start playing music as opposed to searching for the sound i want. I would like more of a turn key pedal, ten or so great tones, all on one stomp box. Like just plug in the box, and scroll thru a Zack Wylde squak, to a Stevie Ray Vaughn clean blues distortion, to an Eric Johnson delayed solo sound, to a screamin Dimebag Darrel glass shattering high note......i could go on and on......Jimmy hendrix whammy. lol, those tones are established, why cant they put them all into one pedal, press go, and stomp from sound to sound.

I dunno, in general i like the Boss tones over Digitech, i just dont like buying 5 or 6 indiidual pedals at the price.....but may go back to it. Theres so many options on these modelers that they are tough to pin down

blaque, that is the same complaint I hear from everyone who tries digital distortion and it's been my experience as well - it just doesn't sound right. The other effects are great in the digital units, but the distortion itself is lacking. My buddy has a digitech rp-01 - not sure if it's still available, however it was marketed as a digital unit with an analog sound and it sounds pretty good.

Edited by Raf

"The Pod" ? Line 6 right? I meant to play with one at the Guitar joint here and never did. Be interested to hear something other than digitech or Boss. I also had an RP and it was pretty much the same as the Genesis sound wise. Anyway, i hate goin to the Guitar Shoppe cuz its just like bein in a tackle shop, i wanna leave with everything.......and home renovations have my money pretty strapped right now lol. This thread is killin me, now i wanna go out and buy some new gear LOL! Ive actually been thinking an electric acoustic will be my next purchase

"The Pod" stores hundreds of guitar, amp and effect sounds digitally and can be programmed for live gigs or the studio. I beleive it has 20 Marshall sounds (or more), actually every manufacturer I've ever heard of has been sampled (Something like 40 Mesa Boogie sounds, or you can mix up a Fender power head with a HIWATT cabinet, for example). Same with guitars, when for one song you want a single coil, say Strat sound, then you want a Les Paul sound etc... .

Pretty cool device and really not that expensive I believe.

HH

Edited by Headhunter

Its an RG series. I have a floating head ibanez also but have some problems sometimes keeping it tuned

The other guitarist in my band had the same probs with his floating head ibanez. At first it was cool to have it, but he's converted it to a fixed head...I'll likely do the same to my ibanez roadstar series guitar.

I have the Korg AX300G effects floor rack....not as expensive as the POD series, but works for me just fine! Can use 24 banks x 4 sounds per bank storage. I kept their standard 8 banks and use 16 for editing and saving my own effects. Also has integrated volume/wah pedal and tuner as well. Mine came in for around 300 bucks I believe...the cost of 3 individual pedals.

Yeah, ive heard the Korg effects are of high quality. Having said that, i was just on the Line 6 website........and MAN is there some candy on there !!!!! LOL! Not to mention the "spider" line of amps that have almost what i was talking about earlier with Specific Artist sounds. How ironic is that. Check that out on the website. They have audio that you can listen to all the different effects. From the comfortably numb solo, to Prince's Purple Rain sound. Pre programmed and interfaced into the amp. Pretty amazing that i mention it and find it all in the same day lol. Too bad its encompassed in an amp and not just an effects processor . Im not much into buying an entirely new amp.

Heres the link

Line 6 Spider III

By the way, if anyones interested, make an offer on the amp and processor above LOL (both like new) . I think im gonna head to Guitar Center in the next couple days and seriously look at that Line-6 amp. Im slowly starting to talk myself toward it LOL!!