Haliburton bass

singingdog

Got out for a very short fish the other morning with a couple of other yakfishers. Bass were all over the place: on the bottom, suspended 4' down over 20 FOW, and still hanging out on weebeds in 10-12 FOW. Weedbeds are dieing, but if there is green left, that is where the fish are. Gotta love it when you can throw topwater over 18' of water and get big smallies.

Here's a few for your viewing pleasure:

21"

P9280776.jpg

19"

P9280779.jpg

20"

P9280778.jpg

big LM that a buddy caught

don_bass.jpg

great fishing !!! ya i love haliburton bass,i love wacky rigging a senko over 20ft of water and watching the bass behave like they are a trout and come right up to nail it only a few feet under the surface its awesome to watch them come right up !!! some decent fish you got there for sure...but man they have dropped the water huge this year,it doesnt look too bad where you are but alot of lakes are down 4,5,up to 7ft below,its the lowest in over 20yrs.....thanks for the report from hali !!!cheers

Nicely done, as usual! I was surprised last Sunday at how many were roaming open areas with little to no weed cover at all....but they would come from a long way to hit jerkbaits. Water on the lake I was fished was super low....they actually put a log back in the dam a week prior because people weren't able to get their boats out