Emily PP

Dan668

Myself and a group of friends booked @ Emily p.p for 2 nights (fri, sat). 2 weeks ago it looked good, but now their is rain fri, lows of 3 and a high of 8 degrees on the weekend.

Trying to decide whether we should still head out as were camping in tents (crazy lol). The winds are supposed to be 20-25km/hr, is that too rough to fish pigeon/buckhorn, everytime I've gone out this year it has been calm.

Normally I shore fish in the fall with good results, but I want to bring my new boat (lund impact 1775)

If I do decide to go, is their any section of pigeon that won't be hammered with winds, or that I should specifically focus on(not looking for exact spots). The past two weeks I had good luck just south of gagnon narrows (muskie,bass,walleye on spinnerbaits)

Btw, terry I believe you were the one who asked, we managed best speed of 44.3 last week with three guys, full tank, full gear (15 rods, 10 tackle boxes,cooler, safety gear etc,) pretty good for a 115 imo.

Thanks,

Winds look to be from the north for the weekend, it's a long open lake running almost due north to south, it'll be a rough ride up Pigeon to the narrows, it's all shallow water and can blow up real bad with a nasty chop, and not much better once you get into Buckhorn. With the forecasted temps, as Tony Montana would say "dress warm". Your best bet may be to stay in the river and fish the deeper channel and weed edges. Cold front like what's forecast is gonna make for a tough bite.

I hope you enjoy your trip, but I would wait a week and see what happens with the weather. Emily is dead this time of year, I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem rescheduling.

Pigeon kicks up pretty good with a 20-25 k.m./h wind out of any direction, but north/south would be the worst, especially the area leading into the narrows going into buckhorn. Get's downright nesty there as that a wider area of the lake. It would be cold and wet. I don't think it would be dangerous by any stretch, but you'd really have to like fishing to bear it.

We had BM event on the tri-lakes in August but there was 20-25 k.m./h winds out of the north. I was going to fish pigeon, but there was no point with the wind that strong.

There would be some sheltered area around Emily, you are actaully in the Pigeon river there, but fishing that time of year in that area would be tough, pretty shallow, great in the summer for LM, but not great in the fall. Better to go deeper for smallies although you may luck out and get into some walleye near emily this time of year.