Qauntum Catalyst

i have a question about the cork handle on these rods, they are split handle, have a space in between, what is this for? some people said its for casting, some for balance, some just cus the looks, is this a good spinning rod for plastics? tia

Edited by urbanangler

I believe that they do that to the rod seat to increase the sensitivity to the angler. Direct hand contact to the blank is supposed to give you a better feel for light hits and taps.

Quantum makes a pretty good rod for the money, heck, you can buy 4 for the price of some of the more expensive rods. I've had my 6.6ft Quamtum jiggin rod for many years, no problems.

HH

Is this the type of handle you're talking about?

dropshotrod.jpg

If yes, then it is mainly designed for drop shotting, I have never used one so don't know what would be the advantage, but I do believe its just another design and the rod can be used for various applications besides drop shotting.

Edited by NANUK

I got one of these rods last year and I like it. I think it is mainly a design effort to make it look like the series one rod that was out a few years ago. Whatever the reason. I dont hold mine in that area, I just hold my finger over the line for feeling the bite.

Is this the type of handle you're talking about?

dropshotrod.jpg

If yes, then it is mainly designed for drop shotting, I have never used one so don't know what would be the advantage, but I do believe its just another design and the rod can be used for various applications besides drop shotting.

yeah thats exactly the type im talking about, is that rod only used from a boat, and is used to jig with?

Edited by urbanangler