UFC in Ear Falls?

Bob Apple

Last thing I'd be worried about on a fishin trip would be to watch guys pound the sheet out of each other...unless of course it was over the one women in camp or something...... :o:D

Exactly.

I used to host friends at a camp on a deserted Island, fer fishing and camping, and some of these buggers were worried about a television...used to really tee me off, they couldn't be away from a TV fer a week-end! :glare:

well I would sure like to watch the fights while I was fishing, and if anyone has a problem with that maybe instead of watching the fight you and the wild minnow could turn a fishing cabin into the octagon and do some rumbling of our own. Just because you are on a fishing trip doesnt mean you have to eat bugs, poop in the woods and isolate yourself from society. If that is your idea of fun so be it but dont rag on someone who wants to watch some fights on tv on their fishing trips, I say watch away grizzley bear

Well, I have to agree with a couple of people here, ...........why worry that much about UFC on a fishing trip?

Or, for that matter, any sporting event that may be going on?

If it is available to you up there, great, if not, so be it.

I suspect somewhere near there, there will be a place that has a satellite system offering it, just do not know the places up there.

I often went out the north shore of superior for steelhead during the NHL playoffs, no TV, no RADIO, in fact, no one even brought a radio with them, even though we could have heard CBC if we wanted to. Everyone was focused on fishing.

I did bring my stereo though, and everybody in the 2 neighboring resorts would eventually find their way to our cabin for poker, drinking, tunes, and whatever else occurred.

TV, even the NHL playoffs were distant thoughts.

We would just catch up on it when we got back home, whether it was still going on, or over and done with, which, the latter was usually the case way back when.

Yes, when I go fishing, I want to fish, but just like some of the posts people do other activites, If you are a UFC fan this is going to be a major fight night, I bet you anything if the superbowl fell durning a fishing trip, 99.9 percent of men would go some where and find a TV for a couple of hours, and take a small break from the fishing.

step down off the High Horse! Captain Old School!

I found a bar in Terrace Bay, Where is that from ear falls?

Terrace Bay is off HWY 17 along the north shore of Superior, between Schreiber and Marathon. My guess is it's about a day's drive from Ear Falls :unsure:

Your best bet might be someplace in Red Lake or Ear Falls itself?? Not much up there. Was visiting a college buddy in Red Lake in the fall and he was telling us about their soccer team. Our response was "Oh yeah? Who do you play? Ear Falls!?" He didn't find it as funny as us :D

The man asked for assistance. Apparently some people are so hung up that they need to express their personal disagreement with another's extracurricular activites on his fishing trip over an internet message board rather than realize they can't answer the question and move on. I wonder how many would skip the trip altogether if the Leafs actually made it near the cup :clapping:

Edited by Northhunter

Thanks, Northunter! I am afraid I am out of luck, I email two bars up in that area and one of them said that it is illegal for them to show fights, like UFC, inside a bar. I guess I can see why, but a few Bar and Grills having been doing it here in the states and I know people that get there 5 to 6 hours early, spend a lot of money on beer and food just to watch the fight in that kind of atmosphere! It packs the places out!

If you want to watch the UFC fight during your fishing trip, all the power to you! Some people read books, others sit around a campfire, some play games, some pick their nose, etc... to each their own.

The last time we purchased a UFC fight from Rogers a warning came up before it started saying that airing the fight in establishments such as bars, etc was prohibited. I guess the term pay "per view" comes into play. If there are 40 people in a bar watching it, they only sell one pay per view. If the bars aren't allowed to play it, that means more sales of the fight in private homes. It would be interesting to know if that would increase sales though. I kind of doubt it.

That's odd, Grizz. We're in the southern part of the province, but my roommates went out to a bar/pub to watch a fight just a few weeks ago.

It might be a local thing (municipal) ?? Things are a little "rough" up in that neck of the woods. I know when we visited my college friend he told us about a place called the "Snake Pit" along with a couple stories. We don't shy away from alcohol or public places but he expressed no need to go there lol. Maybe a fight on the t.v. is the last thing they need. :canadian: