NF-Looking for a Live Trap

Miracon

Tell her to get some Cayene pepper and spread it all around the area the racoon is messing with... that and moth balls should discourage it... but know that as the cold weather is approaching, that coon is lookin for a place to call home for the winter!

HH

Rocoons fall under the jurisdiction of the MNR. Contact them to get all the info you need.

Thanks HH! I contacted the SPCA for her and the municipality. They advised to do the ammonia in a coffee can trick. She even sprayed the roof with it and she has moth balls and cayenne scattered everywhere already. As a last resort, she even tried a "cocktail" recommended to her :whistling: (like I said, if she can't see him...hehe). But the cocktail went untouched.

It's a persistent little thing!

Thanks for the help!

The trap may need to be left baited and untouched for a few days; so the human sent dissipates; before the coon will attempt entering it.

What I’ve used for bait along with fruit are a couple of eggs; one set in the trap whole and the other cracked open in a bowl set on the trip.

After a couple of days of the egg ripening, the coon won’t be able to help himself and go have a taste.

If by chance she does trap the thing; try calling a local independent animal control company or if you can find a number from a licensed trapper and tell them the situation. They may haul it away for free (or for the pelt); even if they charge a fee for this, it'll be cheeper then a fine or the bugger coming back?

Dan.

The trap may need to be left baited and untouched for a few days; so the human sent dissipates; before the coon will attempt entering it.

What I've used for bait along with fruit are a couple of eggs; one set in the trap whole and the other cracked open in a bowl set on the trip.

After a couple of days of the egg ripening, the coon won't be able to help himself and go have a taste.

If by chance she does trap the thing; try calling a local independent animal control company or if you can find a number from a licensed trapper and tell them the situation. They may haul it away for free (or for the pelt); even if they charge a fee for this, it'll be cheeper then a fine or the bugger coming back?

Dan.

Thanks Dan! Awesome advice! :D

if you are still looking to purchase a coon trap ,tsc has it on sale for 29.99 it come with a bigger one for the coon and a free smaller one for a smaller rodent ! I bought one last fri .Sorry for the delayed post !

Thanks sooo much for reporting that! She actually was able to borrow one from a co-worker but I'll pass that along as she may want to have one handy in the future! Haha!

But you got me thinking now...I got a mean stray cat attacking the birds at my bird feeder, the bunny that hangs out in my backyard and the squirrels! Not to mention it went on the back deck of our neighbours and attacked their old cat who only stays in their back yard. $800 at the vet it cost them! That trap is sounding mighty tempting!!!! :whistling:

Thanks sooo much for reporting that! She actually was able to borrow one from a co-worker but I'll pass that along as she may want to have one handy in the future! Haha!

But you got me thinking now...I got a mean stray cat attacking the birds at my bird feeder, the bunny that hangs out in my backyard and the squirrels! Not to mention it went on the back deck of our neighbours and attacked their old cat who only stays in their back yard. $800 at the vet it cost them! That trap is sounding mighty tempting!!!! :whistling:

The last day for the flyer is tommorrow ....sounds like you have a zoo in your back yard !! lol

Oh Boy! She just caught Rocky this evening! He's in the trap right now! :thumbsup_anim: So I asked her "Now what are you going to do?", and she said..."I don't know!" :rofl2: But at least she can relocate him and save the rest of her home!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Edited by Miracon

Raccoon, the other white meat

The garbage they eat makes their meat so tender...Also rich in Omega 3 :D

actually, its dark meat and they're pretty good as long as you trim off all the fat. considering their diet and living conditions, id rather eat a wild coon then a store bought chicken....