Kawartha fun soon

sconceptor

Later this month, I will be off for 3 days of fishing. I'm heading to the Kawartha's instead of LakeAir territory. I haven't fished the Kawartha's in a few years, closest to it was Sparrow a couple times.

I'm looking forward to musky and bass. Looking for deeper weed edges and areas about 10-12 feet working shallower using senkos rigged normal and wacky. If I find thick stuff, I'll put on something to bust through to dig out the big ones laying in them. I might toss some spinners and run them slower so they go deeper. Might run crank baits if it's more of a smallie area, and use drop shot gobies/minnows/half senkos. As for musky, big bucktails, double blades bucktails, 1-3oz spinners, larger cranks, and look for big weed patches close to deeper water, points, and deeper structure. Might even try open water trolling in over deeper water.

I'm going to miss WestArm, but Kawartha's is about 2hours closer and might provide more action. I would love to hit up WestArm each trip, but Ontario has too much to offer.

I'm off to Pigeon next week for our annual muskie tourney. Hopefully it will be fun with no mishaps. Cowgirls in 10-20ft was my thinking with a bit of trolling in deeper spots.

Ya might wanna try some top-water...just had a musky break off a Pop'R tonight on Buckhorn. :wallbash:

Later this month, I will be off for 3 days of fishing. I'm heading to the Kawartha's instead of LakeAir territory. I haven't fished the Kawartha's in a few years, closest to it was Sparrow a couple times.

I'm looking forward to musky and bass. Looking for deeper weed edges and areas about 10-12 feet working shallower using senkos rigged normal and wacky. If I find thick stuff, I'll put on something to bust through to dig out the big ones laying in them. I might toss some spinners and run them slower so they go deeper. Might run crank baits if it's more of a smallie area, and use drop shot gobies/minnows/half senkos. As for musky, big bucktails, double blades bucktails, 1-3oz spinners, larger cranks, and look for big weed patches close to deeper water, points, and deeper structure. Might even try open water trolling in over deeper water.

I'm going to miss WestArm, but Kawartha's is about 2hours closer and might provide more action. I would love to hit up WestArm each trip, but Ontario has too much to offer.

I found the dock bass fishing in the mornings/evenings to be good as well.