House Fire

Gregoire

Last night right before heading in a house lit up in flames on the opposite shore from Caesarea. Just wondering if anyone knows what happened, if everybody is ok.

Also the MNR were out, checking the species that we were targeting and how many we had caught. It was nice to see a presence on the lake, as it is the first time I have seen them.

Unfortunately that is all I have to report.

Was the MNR checking licenses, or just asking survey questions? I have been checked a bunch by the surveyors, but not yet this year by actual enforcement.

I've had the same on that lake this year...went to get my license out and was told "we're not here for that". I told them I just got to the lake with my daughter and they asked what fish I had caught. I said, none, because literally we didn't have the rods set up yet...lol.

Hope no one was hurt in the fire...just scoured news for the area and nothing has come up as of yet.

Speaking of fire, our local Chineese food joint here in Bowmanville went up in smoke yesterday. Rumour is some MSG leaked into Bowmanville creek, but all is ok as I heard the bite really turned on about an hour so later.

Speaking of fire, our local Chineese food joint here in Bowmanville went up in smoke yesterday. Rumour is some MSG leaked into Bowmanville creek, but all is ok as I heard the bite really turned on about an hour so later.

And again about an hour after that.

found out some more info on the fire yesterday, apparently a fire started in the garage and spread, eventually blowing up a propane tank outside the house. the house is completely gone....all that stands is the old chimney and fireplace.

the houses on either side also had some damage done. not a pretty scene

living on an island is not conducive to quick and effective firefighting. rural homeowners and cottagers should take note - extra care req'd!

Yep, a high volume self priming gas powered pump and 2" hose are worth their weight in gold when you are off grid or far from the fire hall (as long as you have a source of water close at hand).

My brother lived in Ceasarea for close to 20 years and was a volunteer firemen there for about 10 years.

Lotsa different problems fighting fires in rural areas compared to towns and cities with hydrants every couple hundred feet.