Joey gets the last laugh

Rod Caster

After a few months of fishing together and several good outings, JoeyTier is departing for the south for some post-college work and leaving all these quiet northern lakes behind.... for now he says.

On Friday we took one last swing of the walleye bat and dropped off the sportspal at Wasi Lake. Without depth charts, fishfinders or any experience on that lake, we were essentially fishing blind.... it's a good thing that we KNOW walleye like worms.

A little history here: Over the past two of three outings this has been me:

Walleye.

100_0158.jpg

Walleye.

100_0132.jpg

Nice bass.

100_0118-1.jpg

This has been Joey.

100_0007.jpg

Sorry Joey...had to biggrin.gif actually we've been pretty even in terms of size and numbers.

The usual trash talk led us into Wasi and Joey was the first to find fish... a nice mid-day walleye.

100_0006.jpg

We turn the canoe around and restart the drift, and Joey hooks up again!

100_0008-1.jpg

100_0009-1.jpg

At this point we are both very happy that we had two on the stringer but I had a chip on my shoulder that was vibrating, and so, I casted, and drifted, and dropshotted and and and....and I couldn't even catch a stickeral. Joey was paddling at the time and I was focusing on my line, well sort of. The canoe was moving right to left in his efforts to move forward, and his line, as it was trolling, would come closer to me, then move away, come closer, move away. I decided to play a game. It's called: pretend to be a big walleye.laugh.gif

I grab his line, give it a tap, tap... Joey up front, notices. He drops the paddle, reaches for his rod and I take the bait with a BIG pull including head shakes. He REEFS on it, ripping lips as it were and I start laughing immediately...but Joey doesn't notice, he sets his tip back down and gives another hook set. THIS TIME WITH A FISH ON!!! I'm speechless and laughing and he pulls in a beauty walleye. Not until the fish is on the stringer does he realize what actually happened: I tried to play a joke on him, but the joke was on me!!! hahaha.rofl2.gif

100_0011-1.jpg

100_0012.jpg

The evening bite was a dud..we just couldn't find them. So the night finished 3-0 in favor of Joey. Well played Sir. Until next time.

So the night finished 3-0 in favor of Joey. Well played Sir. Until next time.

Bet you cant wait to get out with me again lol. So far R.C. has outfished me on our 2 trips together. Especially in the walleye division where I have yet to land one with him in the boat. Yet...I out fished Joey, landing a nice little walleye, on our one trip together. Go figure.