New Study Confirms Participation In Fishing Still Declining

craigdritchie

I don't fish as much as I used to, or would like to, simply because I cant find the time. I don't know how some you guys do it on here, putting up post after post of fishing reports. I'm mortgage free, get paid a very good wage, and I can barely find the time or the money to go fishing for a weekend. What am I doing wrong??

I don't fish as much as I used to, or would like to, simply because I cant find the time. I don't know how some you guys do it on here, putting up post after post of fishing reports. I'm mortgage free, get paid a very good wage, and I can barely find the time or the money to go fishing for a weekend. What am I doing wrong??

-"time is money"

-"pay yourself first" - the Wealthy Barber (on the subject of why budgets don't work) :mellow:

In this world of quick rewards and utter lack of outdoor education, everybody just wants to catch exactly what they want, everytime they go, instantly. I honestly give up trying to take anyone fishing or get them interested, everybody, EVERYBODY is impatient and stupid. People still really believe there's luck involved.

-"time is money"

-"pay yourself first" - the Wealthy Barber (on the subject of why budgets don't work) :mellow:

Indeed. Change your priorities if time is an issue. Or, if you 'cant' change priorities, I guess fishing is not that important to you.

Gas prices keep going up, you'll see a lot less. Pretty hard to pull a boat with a Civic.

Smaller boats, shore fishing, or heaven forbid walking to the fishing spot. There's more places to fish than on a boat up north. But you might have to settle for a "lesser desirable" species.

But wait, how many people fish solely for food? I guess you don't love fishing if that's the case, you love cheap food.

Priorities Dan. Its all in how you prioritize your activities.

Helps also, if you don`t have anything else to dowhistling.gifangel.png