Love Soft water

spincast

Managed to sneak out Saturday and sunday this week - a rare double header when family commitments let me sneak away. Saturday Vinnimon G-man and I hit the usual spot. South winds - soft mouths. Had about 8 knock offs, and 2 break offs. 1 sprung a 30lb snap swivel - figure it was a large laker or king. We manged a couple - both on 10 colours of LC on a Penn - G and Vinnimon tag teamed for the best of the day

fishingwithrickandgmanaug130231.jpg

fishingwithrickandgmanaug130221.jpg

fishingwithrickandgmanaug130211.jpg

fishingwithrickandgmanaug130061-1.jpg

fishingwithrickandgmanaug130161.jpg

We worked hard for what we got - I had one on at 10 colours plus another 30 yards or so. Brought it all the way to 3 colours and he shook offdunno.gif

Ended the day we all got good work outs but only 2 in the boat. Fantastic weather and day with friends though.

Woke up this morning and looked iffy - but I had a chance till 12 according to the weather channels ( I now check no less than 4 to see what the odds are). Checked with my usual suspects, but they couldn't get out so I went solo - first time on lake O solo. They were calling for t- storms by noon and the air was heavy with humidity and very still. Caution was the word of the day. The lake started to behave a little funny around 11:00 - dead flat then some little ripples. VHF out of Buffalo said bad T-storms and there were big cumulous clouds forming a ring all around in where I was. Pulled up and headed home, but managed 3 for 6 in 2.5 hours. Well worth the trip.

JordanAug14002.jpg

Kinda spooky calm

JordanAug14001.jpg

Saw these all weekend (although not with the resident hooks hanging out - I would have spent a LOT more time here if the weather was looking better). Biggest ball we saw went from about 20 to 100 ft and was simply enormous - filled the screen

JordanAug14008.jpg

Everybody today went back to play another day - although they took a long time to revive after coming in off 10 colours + backing again. Oh - and there were no soft mouths today. They were hitting hard on Colonel Saunders several feet down JordanAug14006.jpg

great to get out with you again Vince - and thanks!