Stratos Introduces New 20 Footer for Pike, Muskie

craigdritchie

Stratos has introduced a new 20-foot multi-species fishing boat specifically designed for walleye, pike and muskie fishing.

I have not driven it yet (working on that today) but in a nutshell it's a 20-footer rated to 225 hp, with a big double windshield, deep V hull, mountains of interior storage and comes from the factory all rigged and ready to go. It's available with a bunch of engine options, and is intended to be sold as a lower-priced boat that doesn't give up on key features. In the US, they're going to sell it for under $27,000 bundled with a Merc 115 Opti. It will be a bit more in Canada, and frankly I would want more power than a 115 so that's kind of irrelevant anyway. Point is, it won't be a $65,000 boat. Expect it to start showing up at dealerships by the end of October.

Click here to read more and see a picture.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

a great boat - look forward to hearing about your ride. 27K US should make it about a quarter million here. :dunno:

but seriously i have the 375XF its the biggest 17.5 ft i've ever seen. so if stratos calls that 20ft its likely to be pretty big. love the storage it has, very clean onboard. could use more motor, so hopefully your test drive comes equipped with a little more than a 115.

keep us informed!

Thanks for sharing Craig.

Heres the prob I have with all this south of the boarder boats being made.

ECONOMY

The states are in total termoil with cash,and these guys are building boats? I work right beside a customs building and I see more boats from the states coming in by buyers, then a dealer has in his lot in one day.

:dunno::dunno:

There was one boat today,Boston whaler 2002 with a 135 from Florida. Once all the cross over boarder crap.they had this boat for 8000 dollars. This boat was mint.

There was one boat today,Boston whaler 2002 with a 135 from Florida. Once all the cross over boarder crap.they had this boat for 8000 dollars. This boat was mint.

Couple things to watch for with boats brought up from the States:

1) Was it used in salt water? Corrosion is a legitimate problem, and that should affect its value.

2) Was it a "hurricane" boat, meaning one that was damaged in a storm and subsequently repaired? That also affects resale value.

3) Was it a salt water boat that was also damaged in a storm? Hmmmm.

Don't get me wrong - there are some great deals to be had in the US, you just have to make sure you know what you're getting.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

my front live well is pretty long MM - but it will likely never see a fish that big! it is probably over 50". i found some xtra heavy rods that have a telescopic bottom that slides into the grip, solved the 7'6" problem. everything else fits in their ok. the individual tubes are also good for nav. lights, paddle with the handle removed, etc.

listed at around 19K in the states, almost 35K here.