Sign in to follow this  
danbouck

First Carp of the year

Wow.....other than minnows, thats the smallest carp i have ever seen Dan.mellow.gif Is that why you're giving up?rofl2.gif

What kind of carp is that Dan ??? Sure its small but like the mirror carp its one of those types you don't catch a lot of...

What kind of carp is that Dan ??? Sure its small but like the mirror carp its one of those types you don't catch a lot of...

I think it's just a baby common carp, it was an inch and a half long. There had to be 50 or so around so i have hope for the future.

Man that is small...Its going to take about ten years before its a real good size so you may have to go find another spot for now bud....

It's one of those brown, "feeder goldfish" from Ruffins :lol:

Dan, come out here anytime I'm sure we can muster you something much larger with ease. haha

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• carp fishing kawartha lakes/London area.

Hello, thanks for letting me join. I’m from England but I’m coming out to Canada, Ontario for 2 weeks in September. It’s not a fishing holiday but some fishing will definitely be happening. Has anyone got any advice on areas I should visit to try and catch a better carp as when I was out before caught lots of smaller ones so wanted to try and get one over 20lb! Also advice on what licences I need would be great. we are staying a few days in London, then travelling to the kawartha lakes area

in General Discussion

• First Fly In

Hey everyone , well the time has finally come where I will be going on my first fly in fishing trip . Heading to a lodge just east of Red Lake in NW Ontario and leaving the 2nd week of August . The lake holds walleye (big ones so I have been told) and pike . Anyways , lookin for some tips from the fly in experts on what are some must haves and any pattern ideas for the walleye's during this time of year on a remote fly in lake. I would imagine the walleye will be stacked up on mid lake shoals bu

in General Discussion

• Carp success on the weekend

I have not been fishing much but finally went out this weekend. 4 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday (no pics for these)

in General Discussion

• My first saltwater trip!

What an absolute blast.  After guiding all ice season with just 5 days off, I needed some heat in my life.  We headed to Mexico and got to enjoy a few days fishing the saltwater!  It's gonna be weird going for perch now... Enjoy!    

in General Discussion

• Asian Carp News.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/great-lakes-invasive-asian-carp-1.5053156 Looks like they want more action on the invasive carp issue.  Good thing, me thinks 

in General Discussion