Lake Erie Smallies (Where are they??)

SeaBear

Hey guys, we are looking at going out to so some Lake Erie Smallie fishing tomorrow.

Can anyone give me an idea of how deep they are and any "hotspots" (eg. Crystal Beach or Abino)

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

We were planning on using tubes and crankbaits.

Tight Lines!!

SeaBear

Yes, we are looking for the Bigguns.

Are you simply dropping the spinners down and jigging or slow retrieve?

Sorry for acting like such a rook, it's been a while.

PS...

Are the coordinates for Cedar Point in Sandusky?

Edited by SeaBear

Most people just give a bit about them. I doubt anyone will give up hot spots, specailly on a public forum. But as I said before it's Lake Erie you can find bass pretty well any where that bass would be stay some what shallow and do what you where saying I am sure you and you kid will get some.

When I used to fish Erie with the oldman all we'd ever do is drown minnows in 17-25ft of water. Never ever a skunk and always a few monsters (4+ lbs)

We'd fish Crystal Beach, Albino, wherever...

Edited by BillM

When I used to fish Erie with the oldman all we'd ever do is drown minnows in 17-25ft of water. Never ever a shunk and always a few monsters (4+ lbs)

We'd fish Crystal Beach, Albino, wherever...

Same deal with my dad 50 years ago out of Port Colborne, only he had a fine mesh net with a triangular hoop, we go the night before to a few clay bottom farm ponds,locally, and get a mess of crayfish, he was very particular on size. They'd outfish minnows by a long shot, guess that is against the law now :wallbash: He had an old green Johnson 5 1/2 and he'd rent a 16 foot cedar strip for 50 cents a hour or $3 for the day :thumbsup_anim: