port berwell lake erie fishing

lplp

Going to port berwell(not sure if spelled right) on lake erie,, saturday morning, seeing the fishing is fine for some walleyes there and will post here after I get back and show the catch.never been there before or even fished lake erie before ,always went up north .. going in a great boat with all the gadgets ,sit back and let the fish jump in boat.

Hint: Think pink, 30'-40' down over 58-62 fow early in the day (ie; before 9).

After that much longer leads on downriggers or 10 & 7 colour leadcore. Pinks are still good but orange & black (greasy chicken) also produce.

getting off to the sides of the boat(planner boards or dipseys) or far back on riggers (up to 200') seem to help as the day progresses.

Will also get bows & farm animals.

Here's a few from last Sat.

Photo-0056.jpg

Photo-0053.jpg

Good Luck: Rick

Edited by Woodsman

DSCN1656.JPG We had a later start then planned ,but got there around 8, busy marina there,, we ended up with 7 fish in total , 4 walleye and 3 rainbows.The biggest walleye weighed in at 6lbs .we were about 300 ft. back 60 fow ,and using planar boards and dipsey, the walleye were caught only on black meps , we used a muffin (not sure what he called it ) and that produced the rainbows .all in all a good catch but from what i hear it should of been better .we are basically straight out from burwell and about 8 miles probable, and we were out from the other boats a little farther,.Over the radio alot of guys were having some totals ,in the 7 range of walleyes ,.a great day.. Edited by lplp

Good to hear you had a great day. Nice fish.

We were out of Port Bruce yesterday & fished from the west of Port Bruce to over off Port Burwell mostly in 59-62 fow.

Between the two of us we landed 6 walleye (3 each) & lost one rainbow.

4 off dipseys (mixed veggies) & 2 off riggers (green monkey puke).

I got 2 like this at 28".

30Jul11PBruce002.jpg

Edited by Woodsman

This was the first time ever fishing lake erie ,, and I was impressed with it,, problem is kind of far to go every day,, we are about 1 1/2 hr. away ,, so it wont be a trip we will make all the time .Glad I experienced it and kind of see why it is so busy out there .Probable going to martin river in a couple of weeks ,and next year we are planning trout lake.

One way to make it more worth your while is to stop and limit out on perch on your way back in LOL.

We were pretty well done by then and yes that would of been a good idea, but my buddy bought 4 lbs of perch from the store at marina there,, .

One way to make it more worth your while is to stop and limit out on perch on your way back in LOL.

Saw on another board, 7 guys , 7 rods, 350 perch, 89 pounds of filets :whistling: somewhere down in the central basin of Erie, yep that should cover the gas.