St-Pierre or Serra? UFC Predictions

graftongal

St-Pierre or Serra?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. UFC Predictions

• Georges St-Pierre
    • Matt Serra

just to play the devils advocate (i already put my vote for gsp in)... serra isnt a can, he went the distance with karo, and penn.. that was a freak shot that he took against shonie.. if georges gets sloppy, he could very well get caught in a sub.. and we'd have a 10-1 underdog win..

I know MMA-Math doesn't work , but this really is a no brainer.

Serra is short, kinda like Sean Sherk ... if you remember that fight , Pierre jabbed the life outta Sherk , and always stayed out of his reach .

IF Serra manages to close the distance , his wrestling isn't even superior to that of St. Pierre , as you saw in St. Pierre's last fight with Hughes , and we all know Hughes beat Serra before.

If the odds were a bit prettier, I'd put the house on St. Pierre.

What about Guillard vs. Stevenson ? I'm picking stevenson by ground and pound .

Anyone remember Gary Goodridge? he was a beast :lol: I think he was from Barrie but he kinda slipped out of the spotlight.

Tony

My youngest brother trains with Gary, he's still around, but he's under contract with K-1, so thats where he's fighting now. He's fighting in the k-1 Hawaiian Grand Prix on April 28.

GSP all the way!! and a pride fight on Sunday... with Don Frye (one of his fight is my all time favorites) and butterbean..

Heres my all time favorite fight.. it was the first or second time I ever watched MMA

Not much finnesse... but these are some tough buggers....

WARNING - ITS PRETTY GRAPHIC....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KW_FpINwVU

Gotta love YouTube....

Frye returned to PRIDE in February of 2002, facing long-time rival Ken Shamrock at PRIDE 19. After a long, tough battle, Frye pulled out a decision victory. The two hugged after the fight ended, putting an end to their rivalry. 290px-FryeTakayama.jpg magnify-clip.png Frye vs. Takayama, PRIDE 21 Just four months after defeating Ken Shamrock, Frye returned to face Japanese pro wrestling legend Yoshihiro Takayama at PRIDE 21. In a fight that many consider to be one of PRIDE's most exciting matches, Frye and Takayama clinched in a "hockey fight" pose, each holding the head and hitting, with Takayama finally going to the body after more than a full minute of unrelenting, undefended shots. This would happen three times in the fight, until the referee stopped the bout after Frye mounted Takayama, who was visibly much worse for the wear.

No more PRIDE fighting now, all UFC now that they bought them out. see here:

UFC

This will make the UFC alot more interestingand exciting. Like to see Emelianenko take on Cro Crop again but in a UFC match, that would be cool. Jackson and Liddel will be fighting in May so that will be another to watch as well. Go Liddel!!

Rob

I'm interested in seeing who is going to be in GSP's corner. GSP has been training with Renzo Gracie in NY for his past couple fights and John Danaher, one of Renzo's top instructors at the main school in NY, has been in his corner. Matt Serra happens to be a Renzo Gracie Balck Belt, I'm curious to see whats going to happen.

UFC did buy Pride, last week! The company's will remain separate, but will have Dream cards, from time to time!

The possible Fights were even listed by Dana White at the Press conference. There are some articles on UFC.com if you want to read more!

This is a Great thing for MMA, Also if you watch Dana at the Press conference, its pretty funny what he says about other company's!

the fertitta's actually bought pride, so technically it wasnt the ufc, or zuffa inc.. and as grizz said, they're 'supposed' to be operating as seperate entities, but since all ownership is on the same page, the dream fights are supposed to happen..

there's actually been quite a bit of rumbings goin on in the forums that ufc are going to announce big nog. as an aquisition tonite.. which would be really cool.. i also think on the pride side of things, if this is true, it opens up for a Barnett / Fedor fight..