Just looking for some advice

Hey guys going up north next week to Golden Lake, Deacon Ont. Never been there before just wondering if anyone has been???? Good fishing??? What species are in the lake ??? Any tips on baits or techniques would be really appreciated haven't done much fishing this year and would like to catch something ...lol

You'd probably get some advice if you just introduced yourself first and eased into OFC rather than jumping right in and asking for fishing pointers. It's more or less an unwritten rule.

Welcome to OFC by the way. There's lots of good people here that are willing to help out. So, tell us a little about yourself.

You'd probably get some advice if you just introduced yourself first and eased into OFC rather than jumping right in and asking for fishing pointers. It's more or less an unwritten rule.

Welcome to OFC by the way. There's lots of good people here that are willing to help out. So, tell us a little about yourself.

I was just asking for some advice I thought that's what forums are for ......But I'm new so what do i know. Anyway if you want to know something about me just ask ...or look at my profile ...I see your a root admin thou so.. :worthy: hey all I'm new here my names George been fishing all my life ....it's my favorite thing to do.. :Gonefishing:

I've heard it's a nice lake with good fishing. i think you'll enjoy it... I've heard good stories about it.

I think it's funny that you call Golden Lake, "going up North"! My buddy from Belleville says the same when he comes up here to Ottawa. I find it hilarious.

This area, Ottawa, Golden Lake, isn't "up North"... hahaha Doesn't seem like The North to me at all. Maybe drive for another 15 hours...

I've heard it's a nice lake with good fishing. i think you'll enjoy it... I've heard good stories about it.

I think it's funny that you call Golden Lake, "going up North"! My buddy from Belleville says the same when he comes up here to Ottawa. I find it hilarious.

This area, Ottawa, Golden Lake, isn't "up North"... hahaha Doesn't seem like The North to me at all. Maybe drive for another 15 hours...

Hey thanks Ryan. Ya "up north" lol ...anywhere out of Hamilton is up north to me ...lol the farthest I've been "up north" is Algonquin park...lol was good fishing there thou Lake Opeongo tons of smallmouth bass caught about 100 in 3 days lots of 3,4,5 pound fish even more 1's and 2's there was a sign there saying smallie's where a invasive species to that lake ..hmm ?? It's full of them ...

I was just asking for some advice I thought that's what forums are for ......But I'm new so what do i know. Anyway if you want to know something about me just ask ...or look at my profile ...I see your a root admin thou so.. :worthy: hey all I'm new here my names George been fishing all my life ....it's my favorite thing to do.. :Gonefishing:

Welcome aboard George. I don't think you were "fishing for info" but just merely trying to start a conversation.

Post some pics if u have them of previous fish u caught.... A lot of us use www.photobucket.com to post our pics here.

Good luck on your trip too.

Welcome aboard George. I don't think you were "fishing for info" but just merely trying to start a conversation.

Post some pics if u have them of previous fish u caught.... A lot of us use www.photobucket.com to post our pics here.

Good luck on your trip too.

Hopefully i will have some pics to post when i get back ...I have some old pics just gotta find my memory stick. Thanks for the welcome.

Edited by steelcitysoldier

Just find the small island with a cormorant colony and anchor on the West side of it and you will be on one of the best walleye spot on that lake.

Thanks for the info wally. Any idea of any other species in the lake ??? I pretty much fish for anything that swims but given the choice I like to target game fish.