where to go?

peter23

hey guys i am planning a trip for muskie on monday just to go out for the day with my dad but im not sure where to go? we were thinking pigeon lake but i was wondering if you guys had any ideas of some lakes i should try. this will be my second ever muskie outing my first one was on upper buck and had tons of luck. so just shout out any lakes you guys think i should try. ANYTHING will be helpful.

Tonnes? Tonnes of muskie and GBay really don't belong in the same sentence. Especially this year. :)

This is going back about 6 years. He showed me the pics. He caught 26 in 12 hours of fishing.

I went with him 2 years ago and he pulled in 3 in 4 hours of fishing but I got skunked.

However, was also there last weekend for 3 hours and got none but pulled in a 2.4 largie and 24" pike between the two of us. So I guess this year what you say is true. Didn't know it was a trend this year.

Maybe it was just tons. Not tonnes.

Muskiemaniac....it's hard to argue with success...I'd have a hard time not going back to Buckhorn based on your first trip there. But lots of other lakes....I've found the SCugog muskie to be co-operative...not always huge. I've never fished Balsam...but I think it's next on my list.

This is going back about 6 years. He showed me the pics. He caught 26 in 12 hours of fishing.

I went with him 2 years ago and he pulled in 3 in 4 hours of fishing but I got skunked.

However, was also there last weekend for 3 hours and got none but pulled in a 2.4 largie and 24" pike between the two of us. So I guess this year what you say is true. Didn't know it was a trend this year.

wow... thats gotta be a record or something... a musky every 30 minutes for 12 hours... :worthy:

Edited by Musky Mike

hey guys i am planning a trip for muskie on monday just to go out for the day with my dad but im not sure where to go? we were thinking pigeon lake but i was wondering if you guys had any ideas of some lakes i should try. this will be my second ever muskie outing my first one was on upper buck and had tons of luck. so just shout out any lakes you guys think i should try. ANYTHING will be helpful.

what area are you from...?

that would help

I second going back to Buckhorn. Do the same thing as last time. Once you figure out a pattern on one lake take that expertise to another lake. This will also give you an opportunity to fine tune your techniques and still hopefully have some success.

Edited by fishgreg

He must be the most successful Musky fisherman ever, especially in Severn Sound. He is a god apparently.

Wayne, if you find this guy, I will be following you, I know what your boat looks like.

Bill had it right...

Now to help the OP. If its only your second trip out for Musky stick to the Kawarthas. Stay out of Gbay until you build some confindence, or it will eat you up and spit you out. Pigeon is a fun lake to fish, this time of year the north end is very active, you shouldnt have a problem boating any, search around this form, other guys have stated where to start. < Very poor sentence structure haha.

If not, try Upper Buckhorn. Lovesick is too small, and I find if you do go to Stoney, fish where you think Bass and Walleye will be and you are into Musky.

Good luck!!!!

Edited by MuskyMike