Canoe with Trolling Motor?

rhymobot

before i had my sportspal I used 2 c-clamps and a couple pieces of wood - this makes a sturdy base for the trolling motor to sit on.....I would just make sure all my clamps and my motor were on tight....and i offset the battery to balance the canoe

Do you actualy need a bracket???

Why not clamp it on the side of the canoe near the rear???

They swivel 360

The side of the canoe isn't meant for clamping an engine to. It also wouldn't be vertical.. Either side bracket or a squareback.

Side bracket for sure. And Johnny, you definitely go faster, especially when the canoe is loaded down with 1000lbs worth of fishing/camping gear, lol.

Hahahaaaaa...good point. I was just thinking of a day-outing rolleyes.gif

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

works great as long as there's very little wind. get any kind of headwind and you'll have a tough time going straight.

The side of the canoe isn't meant for clamping an engine to. It also wouldn't be vertical.. Either side bracket or a squareback.

I have a cheap old transom mount that can do it without a bracket...

You just put a towel over the side of the canoe to prevent scratches from the clamps...

Tilt the motor till vertical

Set your height...

Back in the day. What i use to do was use a piece of wood and put it between the inside of the canoe and I would clamp it down. Of course the canoe was an older one but man it worked flawlessly. Just make sure the shaft clears at the lowest point of the hull. Most trolling motors have different trim settings.