Saskatchewan fishing

Handlebarz

Well we just got home from our family trip to Saskatchewan. First I must say DANG what a place the family and I have fallen in love with it even though its super cold in the winter it is AMAZING.

We did not get much fishing in as we were having to much fun visiting my Brother and his family.

We did get out to a lake that they love to go to but they don't catch many fish mainly because he had not fished much before moving out there so I head off to the local tackle store and get the low down on the place and we go off 5 am were on the water with his father in-law (old guy set in his way's and has not caught a fish there in 3 years) so we head to where the tackle store said to go but the old guy did not want to waist time looking for this spot so we set up in 6 FOW when we needed to be in 9 FOW. Well 20 min there he does not say a word just hops behind the wheel and takes off YES Jason and I are still fishing when he goes full throttle to the next spot :stretcher:

We get to his second honey hole I thought it would be great as we were heading to a beaver house until he stops the boat in 30 FOW after 30 min there he said to Jason there are no fish here you pick a spot so we hit Jason's spot and he had a HUGE Saskatchewan pike on until it worked his 4" twister tail loose. He then gets a hammer handle.

dfd6a72c.jpg

Well the old guy wants to leave so we drop him off at the dock its now just after 7am Jay asks where should we go I suggest finding the spot that the tackle store said so down the lake we head spending 20 min or so searching for the 9 FOW area and sure enough we find it and start our drift. I get a bump right away it hit three times and then the short fight was on WOOHOO we found them. the next 45 min or so was hot I boated 10 and lost 10-20 more I lost count of the lost fish. Jason boated 3 and lost some more this was only after he stopped using his rod (heavy thing with 30lbs big game and a 6" black steel leader) and started to use his wife's closed face I spooled with 6 lbs stren. We did not have a lot of time if not we would have boated huge numbers as they were not stopping but we had to leave.

Here are some of the eyes.

Jason as he lost his 25" eye when posing for a picture LOL I had two shots like this on bigger eyes.

98b0fe67.jpg

My fist Saskatchewan Walleye

915cf76f.jpg

07830ae6.jpg

21986d13.jpg

ad94fd93.jpg

fa1bc386.jpg

Trying to show the AMAZING colors of these Eye's

3151a8af.jpg

If my arm was longer this one would be 35"s LOL I had to take this shot in tribute to the buys who only take the long arm shots.

dd1877e2.jpg

The wife had the kids out to the dock and this girl got her first Walleye on the first cast with one of our rods that was great and she was so happy.

9e3735eb.jpg

the night before we launched the boat and took some casts I got a hammer handle pike on my first cast boy was the Old guy shocked as he had not caught a fish in 3 years LOL we did nto know the wife took pics of us fishing as we were supposed to just launch and beach the boat for the night

8ce40e26.jpg

Sunset pic the wife took of me fishing from shore. Notice the trees in the water as it is 6' higher then normal and it looks like it may just stay that high as its been like that since spring

9b97ee76.jpg

These were the water conditions in some places.

82731701.jpg

294a8626.jpg

This house is for sale any takers??? Yes the sand bags dont work out there as his basement was full of water I thought I took a better picture of it full of water Oh well i guess I did not as I was stunned by the depth of water. There are alot of huge houses that are new on the lake under water or close to it.

10d88ea4.jpg

5ec89ad0.jpg

Hey great report. Looks like some nice walleye, I know what you mean about fishing with some people like that. At least you didn't get hurt or let it ruin your trip. And congrats to the little one on her first walleye, it's a nice eater thats forsure.

Well my Bro sent me a text today after they went fishing his wife actually caught herself a eye today but her father still has some work to get his first one LOL.

I love her father he is funny as hell just set in his old school ways his wife is amazing also. he has been around the world working every where on ships and has a great story from every port he went to it was a blast spending time with him and I do look forward to getting out with him again. Before we left SK I went out and bought him and his wife a rod/Reel combo and spooled them with 6lbs stren but today it did not help him catch his first Walleye LOL.

Really great report and pics Mike. Love that sunset one. Maybe the old guy will get a little unset in his ways after thinking about how you guys caught the mother lode :)

That water looks so calm in every picture. Very tranquil, well except for the flooded homes, yikes!!