rod repair close to Delhi

skinny

ok i was getting everything ready to go out on Sunday and when I put my one rod in the boat the line whent limp and the jig head fell. I picked it up and retied it to the braid and had same thing happen this is with braid. I then noticed that the top eye had a broken insert in it so I figure it must be sharp and cutting the line .

I thought about just buying new rod but then wondered if I could get this fix close by and resonable.

ok i was getting everything ready to go out on Sunday and when I put my one rod in the boat the line whent limp and the jig head fell. I picked it up and retied it to the braid and had same thing happen this is with braid. I then noticed that the top eye had a broken insert in it so I figure it must be sharp and cutting the line .

I thought about just buying new rod but then wondered if I could get this fix close by and resonable.

You Have Mail

It's an easy do it yourself fix.

A little gentle heat from a lighter and it'll slide right off.

Then take the rod to a local tackle shop and see if they have a replacement.

Reinstall with a little thermal cement or 5 minute epoxy and your good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

well I got the tip off and have in my pocket with hopes of going by a shop that will have the tip . I'm now working for a company doing service work so I end up all over Ontario. The Boss is a good guy and usally if I ask he stops at stores and such as long as it's not to long.

ok got a tip just need to glue it on i don't have any 5 min epoxy here right now i have some stuff called goop wil it work or should i get some 5 min just for this job

Reinstall with a little thermal cement or 5 minute epoxy and your good to go.

this is definately NOT the proper way to fix it but I was in a pinch and used hot glue and some clear nail polish to make it look finished and that was 3 years ago and it's still on there the nail polish was dollar store stuff to I would use speil's method first but if your stuck the hot glue will work did for me anyways