Lake O salmon

Pangle

Hi Everyone

This is my first post.

Managed to get out on Lake O with my new (to me) rig. Some of you might recognize the boat as I purchased her from a fellow OFC member, Gerritt. I have to say it was a pleasure doing business with him and all the custom work he put into the boat is simply amazing.

So, we launched out of whitby at 5:30 am and had this king by 6am. Not a bad start for the maiden voyage! Actually, this fish was a fluke as I was reeling in to check the line and about half way in this guy hammered my spoon. He made some impressive runs and stayed down deep. I'm guessing 20lbs.

Now, I normally would give the first fish to my guest but being the first trip I just had to have the honours, lol.

IMG_1135.jpg

2nd fish came around 9am and weighed in around 17lbs. His first ever salmon!

IMG_1142.jpg

Anyhow, a great day on the water with my new rig and neighbour!

Thanks for reading.

recap:

launch- whitby

fow - 80-140 ft

down - 50 ft

lure - green silver NK, spin doc/fly combo (both on dipsy)

speed - 2.6mph

Awesome Peter!!!! nice to see you got her slimed up!, how did the boat handle for you? any issues? nice wide and stable platform to fish from :) I have been waiting for this post from you!

One word of advice, on those Salties, use a bit of sponge to prevent scratching the paint up... it will work wonders (just a suggestion)

Did you get the sounder and GPS figured out on how to use them?

I have changed cell phone providers, so if you have ANY questions at all pm me, and I will provide my new number.

Nice looking FISH!

G.