My topwater opener

splashhopper

Opening week finally arrived. I have been dreaming about bass smashing my topwater lures for a few weeks now.

My plans for heading north got waylayed at the last minute and I was just a little bummed out. But after reading another report here this week on Urban fishing I adjusted my attitude and went with what I could do.

Urban_fishing_1.jpg

Sleep was almost non-existent Friday night until about 5 am sat when I finally fell asleep " for just a few more minutes".... Yeah right... 7 am... shiiite.... I am LATE :wallbash:

Jumped in the truck and wouldn't ya know it... a LINE UP @ TIMMIES on a Saturday morning :dunno:

Relax ron.... relaaax,.. the fish will still be there... lol

I went to "my local " honeyhole and tied on the ScumFrog( black).

Five minutes later and KERSPLASH,.... he missed it.. :rofl2: Who cares.... I saw it.... my blood was pumping.....

A few minutes later.... another one goes for my black frog..... This time i was TOO EXCITED and didn't wait to FEEL the fish... Winter rust in the topwater technique :blush:

Moving on to another access spot.... i toss that frog back out to some lilypads.... KRUNNNCH..... MISSED again :wallbash:

The good news is that I think I have the right colour frog on.... on cloudy days at this reservoir I always use black.

I decided to walk a ways and try another spot that has produced for me consistently. On the way to that spot I have to walk across a long boardwalk....Just for the helluvit I stopped and tossed the frog in to six inches of water near a log that was justting out from some bushes at waters edge... Just as the frog came down on the near side of the log.... KRRUNCH.... I wait... one thousand, twothousand.... SET THE HOOK.. FISH ON !.....

I get it on deck.... I AM NOT SKUNKED for the opener... :worthy:

It wasn't my biggest Largie by any stretch at this location.... who cares... I am not skunked..

FirstLargemouthbassfor2011.jpg

It's amazing how much the fishing seems to get better when the pressure of that first fish is off my back. :rolleyes:

Here are a few more from the topwater opener:

LargemouthBass2011-4.jpg

That frog took a beating :mellow: :

And this one felt a LOT BIGGER that it was.... no wonder... i pulled its body weight in weeds in with it

LargemouthBass2011-2.jpg

And here was the largest for the weekend.... the pic doesn't do it justice... it was a real fattie... I really need to figure out how to make my arms longer when using my blackberry for pictures:

LargemouthBass2011-3.jpg

Thank goodness I read that other URBAN FISHING report this week :worthy::clapping:

Edited by splashhopper

It sure is... and with the price of fuel lately, I can even go for dinner after ! :whistling:

You know it...I've planned one trip up north, with another in the works, other than that...I plan on doing alot more close to home fishing this year. Picked up a seasons pass to the local lake/mudhole this past weekend. Not the greatest fishing in the world, but, a good place to practise those various techniques. The best thing is, I can throw everything into my boat, and, be launched in ten minutes!