A bit of an odd request

NAW

My boss asked me an odd question yesterday. I didn't know the answer, so I thought I would throw it out here and see what you guys think.

One of our distributors from the USA is coming up to go trout fishing with his son for a week this summer. I believe they are heading to the Algonquin area.

They want to keep some of the fish they catch, but they can't bring it back over the border. They are wondering if there's a place they can drop the fish off to be smoked, then packaged, and mail to them? They specifically asked that it get packaged in dry ice..

Does anyone knows of a place that would do that somewhere between the Niagra Falls border crossing and Algonquin park?

Is that even legal?

I've never herd of someone wanting to do this before, seems like a lot of work for a few smoked trout...

Edited by N.A.W

If you can't 'bring it over the border' I don't see how it could possibly be legal to mail. Unless the fish is smoked, prepared & packaged by a professional/certified food processing company. And then he purchases it, maybe it could be mailed/couriered.

Your right, seems like a lot of work.

Regards,

Slayer

Problem solved then. :thumbsup_anim:

I wasn't sure about the legalities transporting fish across the border. I didn't want to tell him he could, then have his fish confiscated.

That makes things much easier!

Thanks everyone for the quick replies!

I guess I don't understand the desire to bring fish home. They can never be same once transported. Enjoy your fill up there and enjoy the memories until next time.........but that's just me.

I think he can bring the fish in states.. Well my experience is different everytime I go to Anchorage, Alaska I always bring salmon when I go back here.. what we do is my uncle will froze the fish hard as a stone so that it wont go bad... as far at the imigration, just stated that he has fish with him.. It would be crazy if its not allowed to bring fish in the states if we are able to their fish in ontario...

or better call imigration to make sure 100%

gudluck!!...

bfisher

I guess I don't understand the desire to bring fish home. They can never be same once transported. Enjoy your fill up there and enjoy the memories until next time.........but that's just me.

Smoked fish can last a bit and it's nice sitting over dinner with your family talking about the trip while eating the fish that you caught. :)