Quantum's KVD spinning reel

I was "shopping" on Basspro.com and saw that under the clearance section the Quantum KVD spinning reel is on sale for $20 bucks off. I see the reviews are mixed on this reel, so I'm looking to see if anyone has one and can give me some feedback. I'm looking for the larger reel for my larger spinning outfit. Right now I have a Daiwa samuria 7i, and I don't really like it much. The paddle on the handle is too big for my liking, and I find the reel heavy & unbalanced on my rod. I would love to buy another Shimano Stradic Ci4(I love my 2500!) but they are too pricey for me right now.

Any input would be great, thanks.

My brother was shopping around for a new spinning rod/reel combo about 3 weeks ago so I went with him down to basspro and we picked up every spinning reel there that was under $100. We came to the conclusion that the Pflueger President is the best bang for your buck in the store. It was the smoothest, best looking reel and the price was $65. My brother really wanted the KVD reel to match the KVD rod that he picked out but after holding the Pflueger and attaching it to the KVD rod it was the only choice.

Here is a link to the President:

Pflueger President

Edited by Toddyc20

• 2 weeks later...

BPS has dropped the KVD another $10 bucks, now its on for $69, a Canada special. I think I need to take the kids to go see the fish there anyways....:whistling:. I'm not a big Quntam fan, but I think for that price I will pick one up. I ended up passing on the president, I just didn't like it much at all, but I never fish with it. I only played with one in the store. I prefer Shimano or Abu Garcia over Quntam, I have had other Quntam's over the years (1310 baitcaster & Energy spinning), but ended up selling them for other reels.

it sounds to me like you have your heart set on the KVD and you are just looking for someone here to say they "love it" and to "go get one!". So....I have never touched one but I'm sure if KVD has his name tied to a product he wouldn't want it to be known as a bad product. That said....

GO get one! :whistling: