Sirrius/XM Radio NF

Rod Caster

The dealership gave me a 6month Satelite radio trial with my new truck ....... today I found out that I've had my truck for 6 months.

I called Sirrius to get the monthly costs and to ask some questions. The first thing I noticed is that the "put you on hold" music station has terrible reception. Jimmy Hendrix sounds terrible when it cuts in and out. I had a good laugh at Sirrius' expense.

In the States they get some NHL games, but in good 'ol Canada, we don't get 'em!?? I decided to decline the service based on this fact. I'm not gonna piss away $170/year just to listen to Howard Stern's slowly become senile. It seems like we are getting ripped off with our cheapened Canadian version of Sirrius/XM. I'll wait and see if I actually miss satelite radio, but in the meantime if they get hockey games, you can bet the farm that I'll subscribe.

Anyone else find this frustrating?

News to me , Ive had one for years and almost all the games are always on. Maybe it had something to do with the temperary subscription.

Sirrius Radio is one of those things I would nevr go without.

Darren

XM Canada actually has a bunch of NHL channels but Sirius is lacking in this area but Sirius has NASCAR and XM doesn't. Also XM doesn't work worth beans this far North (Yellowknife) due to their bird being lower in the sky. I had an XM radio in Ontario but got rid of it when I found out that they suck up here.

News to me , Ive had one for years and almost all the games are always on. Maybe it had something to do with the temperary subscription.

Sirrius Radio is one of those things I would nevr go without.

Darren

I thought all of Canada didn't get it.?? lucky you. When I spoke to the rep she made it clear they don't offer it, and that was for a re-subscription.

The dealership gave me a 6month Satelite radio trial with my new truck ....... today I found out that I've had my truck for 6 months.

I called Sirrius to get the monthly costs and to ask some questions. The first thing I noticed is that the "put you on hold" music station has terrible reception. Jimmy Hendrix sounds terrible when it cuts in and out. I had a good laugh at Sirrius' expense.

In the States they get some NHL games, but in good 'ol Canada, we don't get 'em!?? I decided to decline the service based on this fact. I'm not gonna piss away $170/year just to listen to Howard Stern's slowly become senile. It seems like we are getting ripped off with our cheapened Canadian version of Sirrius/XM. I'll wait and see if I actually miss satelite radio, but in the meantime if they get hockey games, you can bet the farm that I'll subscribe.

Anyone else find this frustrating?

XM Canada is official partner of the NHL and carries games. Sirius and XM are one company in the US, and they're going through the same process in Canada now. Channels and programming will be consolidated, but they'll still have NHL games - i'm just not sure about when this will all be done. Might be worthwhile to put in another call to Sirius and see if they share any info with you, otherwise i'm sure it'll be a short wait before the two finally complete the merge - likely in time for next season.

XM Canada is official partner of the NHL and carries games. Sirius and XM are one company in the US, and they're going through the same process in Canada now. Channels and programming will be consolidated, but they'll still have NHL games - i'm just not sure about when this will all be done. Might be worthwhile to put in another call to Sirius and see if they share any info with you, otherwise i'm sure it'll be a short wait before the two finally complete the merge - likely in time for next season.

The rep said she didn't know when the merge would happen. It would be nice to get NHL on Sirrus for the 2011/2012 season.

I'm not gonna piss away $170/year just to listen to Howard Stern's slowly become senile.

Who's becoming senile? The show (and Howard) is better than it's ever been. Granted...it's not for everyone, but I'm highly addicted and would pay the subscription just for his two channels alone. I could (and often do) download entire shows for free to listen on my MP3 player but I'll still happily pay for that content.

I'm with Darren/ Bucktail...I drive an hour each way to and from work...I will never be without satellite radio again. As for Hockey, I am a huge fan but I could care less whether its on radio or not. The music variety and Howard Stern's show (going senile??) are worth it for me!!

Who's becoming senile? The show (and Howard) is better than it's ever been. Granted...it's not for everyone, but I'm highly addicted and would pay the subscription just for his two channels alone. I could (and often do) download entire shows for free to listen on my MP3 player but I'll still happily pay for that content.

I was addicted to howard stern as well for lack of other funny talk shows. He spent a week talking about his sleeping patterns, how can you not see he's getting old and crazy haha.

I haven't even bothered looking for Sterns channel... if my Sirus goes down in my new truck it will stay down. People wonder why many folks can't make ends meet. Backberrys/ I phones, email on same, hundreds a month in cell service bills, sirus radio, out for dinner every day. If I did all that I wouldn't have the funds for todays $822 hydro bill. :wallbash: