Shimano Parts

muskymike

I have a Shimano Stradic 4000FE from about 13 years ago or so. Yes, its on the larger side for spinning reels, but its been a fantastic reel.

The bail arm is made of plastic on the older models and my line has actually cut into it. Now my line continually catches and it will fray any line that touches it, including PP.

My question is, should I contact Shimano customer service to obtain the part, or should I call up Aikemans or another repair shop which is similar? I am living in Perth, so anywhere in Ottawa would be good, or Hamilton, as when I go and visit the friends and family I can stop and pick it up.

I have no clue how much this little piece is going to cost me. I will be replacing the part as well. I can take a pic if you guys want to see what i am talking about.

The part number is 4823. I have the exploded view, but that's it. The reel is discontinued.

Thanks for any help at all.

Mike

I contacted Aikemans to order a part for my Calais. Took my credit card info over the phone, got the park in about a week and a half.

What parts did you order Bill?

I am curious if its going to be plastic like the original part or if I can put on the metal arm that came with the newer model.

I ordered the tension adjustment knob and all the other bits that fell into the lake when it popped out :)

I can guess what you said when that happened. :whistling:

Something like, "Well I guess that knob is past tense now..." :canadian:

I phoned up shimano looking for a pawl cap and the guy shipped me a new shiny metal one for free :thumbsup_anim: With the size of the package it came in I don't see them charging you for shipping either lol, but if your around the area just stop in.