Suffix 832 and Sebile Magic swimmer review

bucktail

I tried Sufix 832 in 80 lbs for the first time Saturday morning. Line snapped throwing a 5 oz lure, line broke above the knot. One hour later line snapped again throwing a 3 oz lure, line snapped at the knot. Trip got kind of expensive at $30-$40 a lure.

Also, I've never seen another braid loose its color as fast as 832, almost all its color was gone after few hours of fishing.

I was afraid that Gore fiber might be a hype to lure us in, I guess they "Caught" us. Be forewarned.

My Sufix 832 is already white after 5 weeks of fishing. I dont think it casts any further than P.P. Any freshly spooled reel should cast far. We will have to see how it performs when temps drop below freezing. I suppose its all about personal preference.

I tried Sufix 832 in 80 lbs for the first time Saturday morning. Line snapped throwing a 5 oz lure, line broke above the knot. One hour later line snapped again throwing a 3 oz lure, line snapped at the knot. Trip got kind of expensive at $30-$40 a lure.

Also, I've never seen another braid loose its color as fast as 832, almost all its color was gone after few hours of fishing.

I was afraid that Gore fiber might be a hype to lure us in, I guess they "Caught" us. Be forewarned.

Thats strange. I've thrown some heavy lures an ended up birds nesting so the lure just whipped right back at me, I've got my 50lb 832 tied to a 20lb Fluorocarbon line with a double uni knot and have never have knot failure and I'm pretty aggressive when I cast. Even getting snagged with just the 832 tied on to a lure the hook bends before the knot or line does. My line has been getting fished 3-4 times a week for 3 months now has only lost the lime color of it but it's still looking yellow now. Maybe you got a bad batch. Or it's the knots your using. Ive been using a polamar and wet my line when I cinch it. Sucks that you lost lures cuz of that.

I guess it's give and take. From everything I've read, experienced and heard, seems inconsistency might be the issue. My experience has been great, and I've had zero issues with breakage. Haven't broke my line in close to three months.

Sounds like your experience is horrible though

I didn't have any problems with 832 before in the spring when using 30lb. It held it's color well, and casts awesome. We also noticed it didn't retain as much water as PP when we were trolling in below freezing temps, which helped minimize freeze up. (could mean it might sink slower..) I just bought 4 more spools at CT though and will probably go back before the sales over to get some more. Hopefully they aren't putting a bad batch on clearance