Fenwick rods?

After breaking a couple of cheaper rods I recently stepped out and bought an HMx. Hopeful that I'll get the sensitivity and not the breakage with this one. Worse thing that could happen is another trip to the local tackle shop - St.Croix next?

I'm also a huge fan of St. Croix Avids and Premiers, fantastic rods.

The only other rod I'd likely take a close look at if I were you is the Shimano Compre's. I've got a 6' Compre rod that I use jigging for walleye and it's an amazing rod for the price.

Don't know about the Candian series but I have 2 Fenwick Techna AV baitcasters, 1 Techna AV spinning rod, and 1 HMG Carbon Veil baitcaster. The rods are very sensitive, strong, and the warranty is very good too. I'm happy with them.

Exactly. You get what you pay for. The TechnaAV blank is the top of the line fenwick and it's fantastic. My 2 main jigging sticks are a Techna and a St. Croix Legend Elite (top of the line Croix) and I defenitely prefer the Techna. It's stronger and just as sensitive. Guys break just as many Croix's as Techna at the lodge. We pound our equipment and as with anything, sometimes you break your gear. That's where the warranty comes in and both Fenwick and St. Croix are great co's when it comes to backing their product.

I also agree w/ Weedman re 1pc rods being superior.

Ya, but how do you really feel about them??
:lol:

I have had no problems with the HMG or Techna AV's, but the Canadian series are crap. I even have a HMG/AV musky jerk bait rod that is the strongest rod I have it tosses mag bulldawgs and huge jerk baits no problems and has for the last 4 years and those are some heavy baits. The AV's are amazing walleye rods, like others said the top of the line stuff is a whole new world compared to their lower end junk.

I have to agree on their upper end products. I have an HMG TechnaAV medium/light action 4 piece that I wouldn't trade for anything. Got this rod after I broke my previous HMG by wacking it off the gunnel of the boat on a hookset during a tournament, not sure any rod would have survived that slam. Replaced it with a St.Croix Avid because the shop I was buying from did not have the fenwick in action I was looking for. First time I took it out, fish hit and snap, must have been a dud. That brought me to the 4 piece. Amazing rod, unbelievably sensitive, and it has already been through some pretty rough days. I have wondered a few times already why it didn't break after a few of the incidents it has been through. Spend the money on a quality fenwick, and you will not be dissapointed.